Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

Very nice but has a major problem: Wish as a portfolio spell.
Even the Deities have a limit on the number of free Wishes per day while this portfolio gives infinite without any limitation. I would say Overwhelming Presence or Freedom.

I honestly don't think this is that bad. As powerfulbas Wish or Miracle is, it can't replicate 9th level spells, so to me, it's not that bad. It's strong, sure, but not problematically so. There are plenty of other portfolios listed here that have Wish as a capstone spell, and it's never been a real issue in campaign. Generally, when you can cast 16 wishes a day anyway, you aren't realistically going to use all of them anyway, so what difference does it make mechanically?

Obly99

Hero
Massacre Portfolio

Aspects: Extermination, Thirst for blood

Opposed Portfolio: Healing

Examples: Ares (Greek), Khorne (WH40K)

Favored Animal: Chupacabra (unnatural)

Favored Class: Barbarian

Favored Place: Places of death on a large scale

Favored Sacrifice: Any creatures

Favored Time: Red sunset

Favored Weapon: Natural Attack or Unarmed Strike

Portfolio Trial: Kill in 24 hours a number of sentient creatures equal to your HD x 1.000

Prerequisites: Any Evil

Symbol: Bloody weapon

Typical Quote: "Blood flows more than water in these lands."

MASSACRE DOMAIN​

Granted Power: Free martial weapon proficiency and weapon focus with the deity’s favored weapon.

1 True Strike: +20 on your next attack roll.

2 Touch of Bloodletting: This spell causes existing wounds on a target to bleed profusely.

3 Vampiric Touch: Touch deals 1d6 damage per two levels; caster gains damage as temporary hp.

4 Phantasmal Killer: Fearsome illusion kills subject or deals 3d6 damage.

5 Circle of Death: Kills 1d4/level HD of creatures.

6 Mass Hunger for Flesh: Give creatures bite attacks and a hunger for their own kind’s flesh.

7 Death Clutch: Rip out someone’s heart.

8 Massacre: Slaughter creatures in a line.

9 Mass suffocation: One creature/level suffocates to death.

REALM​

You create a nightmare realm, where eternal slaughter is the only constant. The fiends of the Lower Planes themselves have horror, fear and loathing for such a place. Only a horrible death awaits in this realm.

Hazards: The main danger of this realm is not so much the environment (which according to the immortal could still be extremely dangerous) but rather its inhabitants who are trapped in an eternal bloodbath.

Inhabitants: Sociopaths, fools, and warmongers like Purrodaemon will be attracted to these realms.

Massacre Template (Single Portfolio)​

Appearance: Part of the immortal drips blood. This may simply be the immortal’s eyes. Usually however, it is dependant on the second portfolio.

e.g. An immortal with the Massacre and Sky portfolios may have skeleton wings with rivers of blood dripping from them.

NB. When the immortal adopts a different form (through Shapechanging or Wildshape for instance), this trait is also adopted.

Demeanor: The immortal is easily provoked into conflict.

Massacre Template (Double Portfolio)​

Appearance: Same as the single portfolio except the immortal’s whole body drips blood.

Demeanor: The immortal is a sociopath with constant risk of trying to kill anyone in sight even for no clear reason.

(Single) Massacre Portfolio

Divine Status
Ability/Weakness Gained
Benefit/Penalty
Action
Disciple​
Spell-like Abilities
Pig’s Splendor (Ex)
Butcher’s Death (Ex)
Use any massacre domain spell as spell-like ability
Competence penalty to charisma equal to your divine rank

Competence penalty to on all rolls equal to your divine rank for one week if you ever retreat from a battle
Standard

Always Active
Prophet​
Weapon Mastery (Ex)​
You are adept with all weapons​
Always Active​
Hero-deity​
Scion of Massacre (Ex)​
Competence bonus on attack rolls equal to your divine rank​
Always Active​
Quasi-deity​
Children of Massacre (Ex)​
Those summoned gain an attack bonus equal to your divine rank​
Always Active​
Demi-deity​
Instrument of Massacre (Su)​
Immunities against your bleed attacks only 50% effective​
Always Active​
Lesser Deity​
Superior Bloody* [Effect] (Su)​
Assault your enemies with bleed based attacks​
Variable​
Intermediate Deity​
Uncanny Blood Mastery (Su)​
Assault your enemies with bleed based attacks​
Variable​
Greater Deity​
Lord of Massacre (Ex)​
You gain regeneration equal to ½ your HD after inflicting bleed damage, with duration equal to 1 minute per divine rank of the damaged creature (1 minute minimum)​
Always Active​
Elder One​
Nemesis (Su)
Cosmic Imperfection (Healing)
Choose one individual, against that foe you gain a damage bonus equal to ten times your divine rank
One artifact in the universe can defeat your cosmic string ability
Free

Always Active
Old One​
Cosmic Bleed (Su)​
Substitute cosmic bleed (d20s) damage for all uses of bleed (like Bloody [Effect])​
Always Active​
* See Lord Capricus for Bloody Effect (Current campaign setting)

(Double) Massacre Portfolio

Divine Status
Ability/Weakness Gained
Benefit/Penalty
Action
Disciple​
Spell-like Abilities
Pig’s Splendor (Ex)
Butcher’s Death (Ex)
Use two massacre domain spell as spell-like ability
Competence penalty to charisma equal to double your divine rank

Competence penalty to on all rolls equal to double your divine rank for one month if you ever retreat from a battle
Standard+Swift

Always Active
Prophet​
Vampiric Effect (Ex)​
The effect draws life from the target into you​
Always Active​
Hero-deity​
Greater Scion of the Massacre (Ex)​
Competence bonus on attack rolls equal to double your divine rank​
Always Active​
Quasi-deity​
Sons of the Massacre (Ex)​
Those summoned gain an attack bonus equal to double your divine rank​
Always Active​
Demi-deity​
Embodiment of Massacre (Su)​
Immunities against your bleed attacks ineffective​
Always Active​
Lesser Deity​
Superior Bloody [Effect] (Su) (x2 HD)​
Assault your enemies with blood drain based attacks​
Variable​
Intermediate Deity​
Uncanny Blood Mastery (Su) (x2 HD)​
Assault your enemies with bane based attacks​
Variable​
Greater Deity​
Emperor of the Massacre (Ex)​
You gain regeneration equal to your HD after inflicting bleed damage, with duration equal to 1 minute per divine rank of the damaged creature (1 minute minimum)​
Always Active​
Elder One​
Legendary Warrior (Ex)
Cosmic Imperfection (Healing)
You base attack bonus (BAB + EAB) is doubled
Two artifacts in the universe can defeat your cosmic string ability
Always Active

Always Active
Old One​
Unearthly Weapon Specialization (Ex)​
Your critical hit damage becomes your base damage​
Always Active​
First One​
Digestio (Su)​
Gain all the abilities of any victims you slay​
Free​

Attachments

• massacre.jpg
    massacre.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 56
  • berserkarmor.jpg
    berserkarmor.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Obly99

Hero
Weird thought but: if Freddy Krueger was a god, would he have the massacre and nightmare portfolios?
Honestly, I would say no. The massacre (from the trial to obtain it) more than as a sadistic cat and mouse game in which in the end he kills you is more a mass death without order or rules. The massacre portfolio, instead of a ground-to-air missele precise as Krueger (he specifically kills you) is more like a nuclear warhead that annihilates and kills everyone in a large area without distinction. Krueger I would say Evil and Nightmare.

Obly99

Hero
For my setting I use the version of Dante and Mr. Satan's Paragon and Amidah (Paragon Revision Discussion Thread) plus with some custom abilities. Beefermatic had the brilliant idea of an intermediate step between the two, creating the Prime (Current campaign setting ), I created a mine intermediate version, here is the Lord.

In the unlikely event that an Amidah voluntarily relinquishes its power, it replaces the Amidah template with the Lord.

(The Lord of Individuality Transcendent Ability grants this template until that being defeats or becomes the Amidah as only 1 can exist from a given universe at a time)

“Lord” is a template that can be added to any paragon or immortal creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature). The lord template overlaps with the paragon template instead of stacking. The lord uses all the base creatures statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type: Animals and vermin become magical beasts. Otherwise, Type is unchanged. Size is unchanged.

Hit Dice: The lord uses d20's for Hit Dice and has maximum hit points.

Speed: All movement speeds are decupled or change to supersonic (6,756 ft. = 1,351.2 squares), whichever is minor (this not stack with the Supersonic cosmic ability).

Armor Class: The lord retains the armor bonuses of the base creature and gains the following:

Deflection Bonus (Ex): The lord gains a deflection bonus equal to it's Charisma modifier.

Luck Bonus (Ex): The lord gains a +45 luck bonus (see Fortuity).

Special Attacks: The lord retains the special attacks of the base creature and gains the following:

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At will – limited wish. 3/day – wish. Caster Level = Hit Dice + 45 (see Fortuity). The save DC is Charisma-based.

Lord Presence (Ex): The lord radiate an aura of pure presence (Radius: 100 ft. + 10 ft. per Hit Dice). All creatures with less than ¾ the lord HD must make a Will save DC 10 + ½ lord HD + lord Charisma modifier or fall unconscious for the overwhelming presence of the lord for 24 hours. Slapping or wounding awakens an affected creature, but normal noise does not. Awakening a creature is a standard action (an application of the aid another action). If a creature make his save is instead staggered for a number of rounds equal to the lord Charisma modifier. Once a creature make with success his save, he is immune to the Lord Presence of that lord for a number of rounds equal to his HD + his Charisma modifier. This ability ignore the immunity to fear or mind-affecting effects of creatures with less than ½ the HD of the lord. Against unattended abject in the area (like the squares of the floor) Lord Presence deal 5 damage x HD of the lord every round which apply only half of the hardness. The lord can exclude any number of creatures of objects from suffer the effects of this aura. This is a fear, mind-affecting effect.

Special Qualities: The lord retains all the special qualities of the base creature and gains the following:

Adaptation (Ex): The lord gains immunity to Terrestrial Hazards and resistance to Stellar Hazards.

Damage Reduction (Ex): The lord gains damage reduction 115/cursed and epic.

Fast Healing (Ex): The lord gains fast healing 75/round.

Fortuity (Ex): The lord adds a +45 luck bonus to: armor class; attack rolls; checks (ability checks, caster level checks, manifester level checks, skill checks, etc.); damage rolls; difficulty class (for any powers, psi-like abilities, special abilities, spell-like abilities, spells); initiative; power resistance; saving throws; spell resistance; channel resistance (if applicable) and caster/manifestion/initiator levels to all Spells, Spell Like Abilities, Psionic Manifestations, or Maneuvers Abilities (Tome of Battle and Path of War).

Insight (Ex): The lord adds its Wisdom modifier as an insight bonus to AC, attack rolls, all checks, and saving throws.

Immunities (Ex): The lord gains immunity to cold and fire.

Inner Eye (Ex): The lord can automatically (no action required) manipulate it's fate. For example...The lord gains the best or worst (it's choice) results on all dice rolls. However, a natural “20” is not an automatic success and a natural "1" is only an automatic failure if it opts to automatically fail.

Might (Ex): The lord deals d10's for base damage dice of all melee, natural weapon, and unarmed attacks with virtual size categories, and his damage dice cannot go below this dice but this cannot increase to more dice than his HD.

Mythic (Ex): The lord has Mythic Power (X/day, Surge +Y) and counts as a X-rank Mythic creature. The lord can use any of his spell and spell-like abilities as the Mythic versions of those spells (if a Mythic version of that spell exists), expending Mythic Power as normal. He can also expend Mythic Power to use the augmented versions of these spell and spell-like abilities. X his equal to 1/5 his HD and Y is the Surge suitable for the rank.

Maven (Ex): The lord has mastered many skills. It gains maximum ranks in all it's class skills.

Omnicompetent (Ex): The lord knows all skills. All skills become class skills for it.

Spell/Power Resistance (Ex): The lord gains spell and power resistance equal to 10 + Hit Dice + 45 (see Fortuity).

Saves: The lord gains a +45 luck bonus to all saves (see Fortuity).

Abilities: The lord gains a +56 bonus to all ability scores.

Feats: The lord gains 20 bonus feats.

Organization: Any, usually same as the base creature.

Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature +50.

Treasure: Triple standard.

Alignment: Any, usually same as the base creature.

Last edited:

For my setting I use the version of Dante and Mr. Satan's Paragon and Amidah (Paragon Revision Discussion Thread) plus with some custom abilities. Beefermatic had the brilliant idea of an intermediate step between the two, creating the Prime (Current campaign setting ), I created a mine intermediate version, here is the Lord.

In the unlikely event that an Amidah voluntarily relinquishes its power, it replaces the Amidah template with the Lord.

(The Lord of Individuality Transcendent Ability grants this template until that being defeats or becomes the Amidah as only 1 can exist from a given universe at a time)

“Lord” is a template that can be added to any paragon or immortal creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature). The lord template overlaps with the paragon template instead of stacking. The lord uses all the base creatures statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type: Animals and vermin become magical beasts. Otherwise, Type is unchanged. Size is unchanged.

Hit Dice: The lord uses d20's for Hit Dice and has maximum hit points.

Speed: All movement speeds are decupled or change to supersonic (6,756 ft. = 1,351.2 squares), whichever is minor (this not stack with the Supersonic cosmic ability).

Armor Class: The lord retains the armor bonuses of the base creature and gains the following:

Deflection Bonus (Ex): The lord gains a deflection bonus equal to it's Charisma modifier.

Luck Bonus (Ex): The lord gains a +45 luck bonus (see Fortuity).

Special Attacks: The lord retains the special attacks of the base creature and gains the following:

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At will – limited wish. 3/day – wish. Caster Level = Hit Dice + 45 (see Fortuity). The save DC is Charisma-based.

Lord Presence (Ex): The lord radiate an aura of pure presence (Radius: 100 ft. + 10 ft. per Hit Dice). All creatures with less than ¾ the lord HD must make a Will save DC 10 + ½ lord HD + lord Charisma modifier or fall unconscious for the overwhelming presence of the lord for 24 hours. Slapping or wounding awakens an affected creature, but normal noise does not. Awakening a creature is a standard action (an application of the aid another action). If a creature make his save is instead staggered for a number of rounds equal to the lord Charisma modifier. Once a creature make with success his save, he is immune to the Lord Presence of that lord for a number of rounds equal to his HD + his Charisma modifier. This ability ignore the immunity to fear or mind-affecting effects of creatures with less than ½ the HD of the lord. Against unattended abject in the area (like the squares of the floor) Lord Presence deal 5 damage x HD of the lord every round which apply only half of the hardness. The lord can exclude any number of creatures of objects from suffer the effects of this aura. This is a fear, mind-affecting effect.

Special Qualities: The lord retains all the special qualities of the base creature and gains the following:

Adaptation (Ex): The lord gains immunity to Terrestrial Hazards and resistance to Stellar Hazards.

Damage Reduction (Ex): The lord gains damage reduction 115/cursed and epic.

Fast Healing (Ex): The lord gains fast healing 75/round.

Fortuity (Ex): The lord adds a +45 luck bonus to: armor class; attack rolls; checks (ability checks, caster level checks, manifester level checks, skill checks, etc.); damage rolls; difficulty class (for any powers, psi-like abilities, special abilities, spell-like abilities, spells); initiative; power resistance; saving throws; spell resistance; channel resistance (if applicable) and caster/manifestion/initiator levels to all Spells, Spell Like Abilities, Psionic Manifestations, or Maneuvers Abilities (Tome of Battle and Path of War).

Insight (Ex): The lord adds its Wisdom modifier as an insight bonus to AC, attack rolls, all checks, and saving throws.

Immunities (Ex): The lord gains immunity to cold and fire.

Inner Eye (Ex): The lord can automatically (no action required) manipulate it's fate. For example...The lord gains the best or worst (it's choice) results on all dice rolls. However, a natural “20” is not an automatic success and a natural "1" is only an automatic failure if it opts to automatically fail.

Might (Ex): The lord deals d10's for base damage dice of all melee, natural weapon, and unarmed attacks with virtual size categories, and his damage dice cannot go below this dice but this cannot increase to more dice than his HD.

Mythic (Ex): The lord has Mythic Power (X/day, Surge +Y) and counts as a X-rank Mythic creature. The lord can use any of his spell and spell-like abilities as the Mythic versions of those spells (if a Mythic version of that spell exists), expending Mythic Power as normal. He can also expend Mythic Power to use the augmented versions of these spell and spell-like abilities. X his equal to 1/5 his HD and Y is the Surge suitable for the rank.

Maven (Ex): The lord has mastered many skills. It gains maximum ranks in all it's class skills.

Omnicompetent (Ex): The lord knows all skills. All skills become class skills for it.

Spell/Power Resistance (Ex): The lord gains spell and power resistance equal to 10 + Hit Dice + 45 (see Fortuity).

Saves: The lord gains a +45 luck bonus to all saves (see Fortuity).

Abilities: The lord gains a +56 bonus to all ability scores.

Feats: The lord gains 20 bonus feats.

Organization: Any, usually same as the base creature.

Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature +50.

Treasure: Triple standard.

Alignment: Any, usually same as the base creature.
This is cool, I like the aura of presence ability, we should probably not derail this thread with templates and stuff though, just so the site doesn't become a mess.

I'm curious why you don't let the speed boost from these things stack with Supersonic? I know they're similar but I always allow my party to take Celerity even with their basic x3 movement boost

Obly99

Hero
This is cool, I like the aura of presence ability, we should probably not derail this thread with templates and stuff though, just so the site doesn't become a mess.
I also posted my Welkin, Nosferatu, Hunefer template here. Do we create a thread specifically for the templates?
I'm curious why you don't let the speed boost from these things stack with Supersonic? I know they're similar but I always allow my party to take Celerity even with their basic x3 movement boost
Because I put that stack with the Amidah. To this, which is the "weaker" version, I wanted to represent it with the fact that it does not stack.

Remove ads