D&D (2024) D&D 2024 Core Rulebooks: 'We'll Still Be Working On Them In May'

Reiterating that the accidentally announced May date was incorrect.

406472835_728869535942848_6745743928406323951_n.jpg

In a recent Unearthed Arcana video, Jeremy Crawford at WotC revealed that the new core rulebooks would definitely not be available in May of this year, as reported in the (withdrawn) infographics released by WotC on social media and at last year's Pax Unplugged 2023 panel.

I just want to confirm with you and as well with everyone watching this video - that is definitely not the release date. That was never the release date. In fact, we will still be working on the books in May.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Doubtful. Though if they are aiming st late November or December for the DMG (probable), the Book of Many Things on my shelf shows what can happened there.
I guess we will see. I mean, I'd rather you were right. But much like our previous discussions on the likelihood of the PHB coming out in May, I suspect that we will find that our preferred earlier dates for the books just aren't going to happen.

I honestly doubt that they meant anything other than one of the Core books when they said that "the 50th Anniversary will extend into 2025". Sure, you can come up with possibilities if you try, but nothing but a core book is likely.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Gencon is not their big release window. No one outside of the very small hardcore TTRPG community cares about Gencon. It's a pretty minor convention. If they time the release with a big con, and I'm not saying they will, it'll be a big con. One of the PAX events, probably.
That's a bit of exaggeration. Last GenCon had 70K attendees. That's not small or minor. ComicCon hit 135+, so a lot more than GenCon but not double. Pax hit 120K.

Now Essen Spiel hit 193K. That's BIG. On the other end, TwitchCon brings in 30K.

Remove ads

Remove ads