• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) D&D 5.11 - the time of big change is over

Even though it probably didn't get a "wow" reaction from the community I thought standardizing what levels every class gets subclass features was a good move for streamlining the game. It could also allow things like subclasses that work across multiple classes.
back when Ravnaca was coming out they tried to make subclasses for multiple classes and couldn't. This would make that possible.
Imagine a fighter taking Assassin for the auto crit on surprise, that doesn't sound so bad or a rogue taking battlemaster to make a duelist swashbuckler.
the problem is I imagine a wizard asking for the life domain to add healing, or anyone asking for diviner so they can have dice to trade around.

Remathilis

Legend
Even though it probably didn't get a "wow" reaction from the community I thought standardizing what levels every class gets subclass features was a good move for streamlining the game. It could also allow things like subclasses that work across multiple classes.
Between this and the Strixhaven subclass UA, there is a designer on the D&D team who has watched their dream of mix and match subclasses fully go up in smoke.

Vaalingrade

Legend
As much as I'd love to have subclasses across classes, more streamlining is the last thing I want to see. Because 'streamline' always seems to come down to cutting the edges off the square peg so it gets in the damn round hole for the current philosophy..

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I asked this before but what % of people are saying “evil WoTC is lying” compared to what I say of “It looks like an edition change and break no matter how much they don’t want it to be”
I’m not talking about the edition change thing, I’m talking about the 70% threshold. That’s what @Parmandur said some people don’t believe, and there’s really no way to believe that is untrue without believing WotC is lying about it.

Remove ads