• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape- In Through the Out Door (Full)

Unsung

First Post
[MENTION=6776473]Pembinasa[/MENTION] It definitely works for me. I actually don't know much about Mystara, so hey, I can learn something too.

And on that note, party's over. Or finished. Recruiting has come to a close. :) And with character sheets coming in like clockwork, I suppose I'll look into setting up a community on ENWorld, complete with a Rogues Gallery, and maybe a wiki, like goatunit suggested. I've used Obsidian Portal before and I like wiki formatting a lot. Wish more places would use it.

Unsung

First Post
That oughtta tide me over. I didn't know about Glantri. What's your background with Planescape, by the way?

As for communication, there'll be that community group I mentioned setting up-- basically a sort of mini-forum for the game. But for the most part it's just this thread, our eventual IC thread, and all the usual avenues: PM, email, and so on.

Pembinasa

First Post
Sorry, I'm having a trickier time than expected with the trait/bond/flaw thing, character sheet will have to be tomorrow. As for Planescape, I've played the hell out of Torment (of COURSE), played about half of the Great Modron March back when it came out, had a character who was a mercenary general in the Blood War for a little bit until my DM left the group, and had a run of the Savage Tide Adventure Path. Most of that was a long time ago.

I've pretty much always known (and loved) the layout of the planes, but I've recently started researching up for a low-level Planescape campaign for two of my players on slow nights. So far I've gotten through the Planescape Campaign Setting and The In The Cage accessory, starting on Tales of the Infinite Staircase next. I'm really having fun getting a handle on the DM side of Planescape!

That said, your version is clearly tweaked as you see fit; I'll look to fit in, not go a-lawyering on the 'right' way things are or some nonsense.

All right, thanks for letting me know! I'm looking forward to playing along such great character concepts.

goatunit

Explorer
If you want to make Sigil come alive at your table, I can't recommend "Uncaged: Faces of Sigil" strongly enough. It's an incredible game aid.

I'm also a big fan of the Troy Denning novel, "Pages of Pain."

Unsung

First Post
Torment and Great Modron March would be high on my list of must-haves for anyone setting out to run Planescape. Uncaged is also excellent for setting the tone of Sigil-- even the most powerful NPCs might be people lifelong Cagers have never heard of, and the most influential denizens aren't necessarily the ones with the most power or experience.

I'm a big fan of Hellbound, personally. Whether you run the adventure or not, you'll have a good idea of what the Blood War does to people across the multiverse.

goatunit

Explorer
I'm going through some personal stuff that's kind of sapping my energy, but I'm still excited about this game and hope nobody takes my being a slowpoke about my background as evidence to the contrary.

And for the record, I have run The Eternal Boundary and part of Harbinger House--just in case you want to avoid official modules that we're familiar with. If you'd like to run them anyway, I can play dumb pretty good. I get the sense you're doing your own thing, but I thought I'd provide the information anyway.

Unsung

First Post
Hey, it happens. In any other format other than PbP, you wouldn't be expected to check in every day, so if you need some time, that's fair.

Bits and pieces of official adventures might make their way into the game, but while I do have an underlying arc to start with, this game will mostly be shaped by your characters as they are now, their decisions in the future, and the consequences still to come. Not quite a sandbox, but an open road. A journey. :)

The nice thing about a PbP game is that it leaves you more time to ponder your choices before committing to them.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
[MENTION=21379] [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION] From a roleplaying standpoint, it might be interesting to play this up as something more abstract than one of your class or racial powers. I wouldn't be so cruel as to ask for Liliana's voice, but if you were to trade away something along those lines to a sea-witch or department store robot gypsy-- in exchange for being 'big'-- that could be a long-term plot hook that ties into the reasons why your mother thought Liliana needed to do some growing up before she assumed the throne.

I'm cool with that. We've been trying to get time to sit down and eloquently write up her back story and finish my sheet, but my daughter has been off from school this week for break and, well, let's just say she's a talker. So it's nearly impossible to get anything done while she is awake and I'm exhausted by night. Hopefully tonight will be the night :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads