• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
In some ways I am lucky. I have an extended family all under the same roof and most play DnD. So we are starting a "Virus" campaign. A short two month run.

Bad news......

Printer is broken and we don't know if Staples is considered an "essential" store. Hard to run modern games on hand written notes.
Instead of a modern D&D game and no printer, it might be easier to go with a classic and some graph paper. A two-month run is plenty of time to run everyone through The Isle of Dread, or to finish up the Desert Nomads series.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And I was just taken to task a few days ago citing an article where a cat got it. @Umbran where is my apology :)
At the time, the best evidence supported Umbran’s (and my) position. Those were pets, the samples were not taken the same way as from humans, and the pets were- as I recall, asymptomatic. Strongest conclusion you could make was that the virus had been found ON them, not IN them,

This is different. These were not pets routinely handled with close human contact. And they exhibited symptoms.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
At the time, the best evidence supported Umbran’s (and my) position. Those were pets, the samples were not taken the same way as from humans, and the pets were- as I recall, asymptomatic. Strongest conclusion you could make was that the virus had been found ON them, not IN them,

This is different. These were not pets routinely handled with close human contact. And they exhibited symptoms.

Ummmm… Why do you think those people had their pets tested IF they weren't displaying symptoms?

Hint - the best conclusion is that the pets were displaying symptoms.

FrogReaver

Some potential good news for the U.S.

1586139041522.png

1586139113358.png

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ummmm… Why do you think those people had their pets tested IF they weren't displaying symptoms?

Hint - the best conclusion is that the pets were displaying symptoms.
Though the shepherd tested positive for the virus, no such result was obtained from the mixed-breed dog, and “neither dog has shown any signs of disease,” the AFCD said, adding it will continue to monitor both dogs and conduct repeated tests on the animals.

The new case comes after an elderly 17-year-old Pomeranian, which had tested “weak positive” during repeated tests for the virus, died two days after it was released from quarantine disease-free. The AFCD said the dog’s owner wasn’t willing to allow an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

The Hong Kong animal-welfare authority stressed that there is currently no evidence that pets can be a source of the virus or that they can get sick from it. “Under no circumstances should [owners] abandon their pets,” it said.

IOW, the owners had symptoms, and were unclear as to whether their pets- asymptomatic but always in close proximity- were at risk. Occam’s Razor.

FrogReaver

IOW, the owners had symptoms, and were unclear as to whether their pets- asymptomatic but always in close proximity- were at risk. Occam’s Razor.

Nice but the case that brought my attention to the matter was one of a cat not in China.

Remove ads