D&D and the rising pandemic

CapnZapp

Legend
Wasn't there a law where Parliament forbade a new election before five years had passed, unless two thirds voted to hold an early election?

And when the new PM wanted a pop election (or whatever it's called) they simply changed the law to add "every five years or next Thursday whichever is closest"... (paraphrasing) which only required a simple majority! :) :) :)

Ryujin

Legend
Well that’s part and parcel of the parliamentary system and how strong party whips are. In Canada we basically elect four year dictatorships.
Except when there's a minority government. Then we seem to actually get reasonable leadership, because everyone is too scared to upset the apple cart.

Zardnaar

Legend
Wasn't there a law where Parliament forbade a new election before five years had passed, unless two thirds voted to hold an early election?

And when the new PM wanted a pop election (or whatever it's called) they simply changed the law to add "every five years or next Thursday whichever is closest"... (paraphrasing) which only required a simple majority! :) :) :)

What country are you referring to?

That's the sort of thing that I've been wondering about: Does the current world situation mean that it's easier to game, online, than it was to try and get the group together physically? Despite having many of the resources that you mention (Discord, Roll20, Fantasy Grounds/FGUnity), I've not been playing. I have, however, picked up a few rule sets to play around with, most notably the second edition of Demon Hunters and the new releases of TORG, both of which are pretty cinematic in style, though in markedly different ways.

My D&Ding has increased during the pandemic. Before COVID I had an in-person gaming group, but our get-togethers were irregular. The pandemic dissolved that group. But I then became part of a Roll20 group that meets every week. The end result is that my gaming is much more regular and frequent. One of my kids is also now in a virtual D&D campaign that was started by another parent to increase socialization.

Ryujin

Legend
My D&Ding has increased during the pandemic. Before COVID I had an in-person gaming group, but our get-togethers were irregular. The pandemic dissolved that group. But I then became part of a Roll20 group that meets every week. The end result is that my gaming is much more regular and frequent. One of my kids is also now in a virtual D&D campaign that was started by another parent to increase socialization.
I was wondering if that might not be the case for some people. My own usual group hasn't gotten together in more than 5 years now, because life got in the way. It became impossible for most to get together on a regular basis and things just sort of fell apart. Back then I even set up a computer for remote access via Skype, with camera, so that two of the players who could only be remote at the time would have a virtual "seat" at the table. Two sessions and they were pretty much done, despite the remote access working very well.

I did mis speak earlier, when I said that I hadn't been playing at all. There were a couple of months, December through January, in which I was playing via Roll20 with some folks I met on the Zombie Orpheus Discord channel. The DM was from Cannes, FR and the other two players were from Knoxville, TN, US. Made for some pretty interesting sessions but, unfortunately, the DM travels a fair bit for work and things have fallen by the wayside.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I thought of starting a new thread for this question, but it didn't seem right when this one already existed. How is everyone maintaining their sanity, more than a year into this mess? What hobbies have you been practicing? Have you been making use of online gaming tools? Other things?

On-line has made it easy to get a game going for my 11yo and two of his friends (in person with driving in a non-COVID year might have been trouble). Google meet.

Got back into a D&D for the first time in quite a while. Discord (Avrae) and zoom for sharing a map and video/audio. The players are in multiple states so this game wouldn't have fired without the on-line things.

MtG has been saved by not-quite-weekly commander games using zoom (video) and discord (sound). [Spelltable didn't work well]. Really miss being able to go to the shop for that.

Ryujin

Legend
On-line has made it easy to get a game going for my 11yo and two of his friends (in person with driving in a non-COVID year might have been trouble). Google meet.

Got back into a D&D for the first time in quite a while. Discord (Avrae) and zoom for sharing a map and video/audio. The players are in multiple states so this game wouldn't have fired without the on-line things.

MtG has been saved by not-quite-weekly commander games using zoom (video) and discord (sound). [Spelltable didn't work well]. Really miss being able to go to the shop for that.
Zoom has been a minor saviour in these times. I haven't been able to visit the West Coast, however, I've been able to meet with friends there via Zoom. I have a witchy friend there who does occasional meets on the Celtic festival days, and such. Usually just 4-8 of us for an hour or two.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Employers can indeed ask about symptoms, C19 vaccination status, and related questions. But they also have to safeguard that information- there are strict limits to how and with whom they can share such info.

(Caveat: if the employee overshares information with the employer, the employer isn’t required to toss/disregard such information. The employer must still treat it with the same safeguards as the employee’s other information, though.)

COVID-19: What Employers Need to Know About HIPAA

I read this article today.

Remove ads