• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
US has more EVERYTHING. But yes. I hate to say it, but I feel that we (Canada) wouldn't even HAVE anti-vaxers if we weren't constantly consuming US media (aka propaganda).
about half of our populous thinks politics == entertainment AND loyalty is the greatest virtue.
Yeah, the propaganda is really out of control.
ever since a president said wait we have to quash the fairness doctrine its preventing propaganda, it has been very bad

Ryujin

Legend
In fairness, y'all have made us poor Americans believe that every vaguely-futuristic city and/or DC-universe city looks like Vancouver or Toronto.
Or even just the posh stuff. I think that the Xavier School for Gifted Children was Casa Loma, which is a mansion in Toronto. It was definitely the scene where Lucas Lee (Chris Evans) was shooting his movie in "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World."

My film making friends are pretty annoyed at how many times Vancouver fills in for Seattle :ROFLMAO:

Ryujin

Legend
about half of our populous thinks politics == entertainment AND loyalty is the greatest virtue.

ever since a president said wait we have to quash the fairness doctrine its preventing propaganda, it has been very bad
When courts rule that people who appear on cable news channels can't be held to a standard of truth in reporting, there's a definite issue.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
When courts rule that people who appear on cable news channels can't be held to a standard of truth in reporting, there's a definite issue.
Well, one loophole is that Fox News, despite its name, isn’t purely news. Neither are any of the other 24hr news channels.

I should point out that i think Fox & Tucker got off lightly in that case. I don’t think Fox’s attorneys’ assertion that legally, “no reasonable person” would believe him passes a sniff test.

Either that, or they’ve just provided the core winning argument for vastly scaling up the USA’s mental health care system.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Either that, or they’ve just provided the core winning argument for vastly scaling up the USA’s mental health care system.

Well, we could ALL use some scaling up of mental heath care. I mean, we always could since the dawn of time, but now is no exception. Perhaps moreso than, say, 20+ years ago. Is it weird that the 90's seem like the most relaxed decade looking back? I think it's weird.

Remove ads