• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
From what I've seen, kids have had darn little problem adjusting to masks. I am sure there are a couple, but by and large, kids do just fine.
I can attest to this. My mother is an elementary school music teacher, and started teaching music in elementary schools towards the beginning of the pandemic. She teaches around a dozen classes in her school district and has had very little problems getting kids to wear masks at school.

They can definitely handle it. In some cases, they can do so better than many adults, as kids are often more adaptable to new circumstances.

Hussar

Legend
You know, it's possible to do something and still lament that you have to do it. I don't care if people think it's "sad" as long as they continue to do it. I'm inconvenienced by wearing a mask - I don't like doing it. But I do it because it's the right thing to do. I can still grumble about it.
Fair enough. And, I suppose, at this point, it's kinda hard to separate a grumble from the outright opposition of masking. IOW, I may have over reacted. :D Would certainly not be the first time.

I guess it was the point how the bunch of them were so happy that they homeschooled their kids so they weren't being forced to wear masks. Just sort of hit the wrong chord for me.

I walked home from work last night, ten o'clock at night, not a person on the street (I live in a fairly small town), and I forgot my mask. Got about a third of the way home before I kinda twigged on it and felt so weird to walk the rest of the way. It's like when you're a kid and you have to wear pants for the first time after wearing shorts for a couple of months. That sort of, "Hrm, something's not quite right" feeling. :D

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I walked home from work last night, ten o'clock at night, not a person on the street (I live in a fairly small town), and I forgot my mask. Got about a third of the way home before I kinda twigged on it and felt so weird to walk the rest of the way. It's like when you're a kid and you have to wear pants for the first time after wearing shorts for a couple of months. That sort of, "Hrm, something's not quite right" feeling. :D
Wait… I have to wear pants? (Says the guy who has been working from home for over 18 months)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Wait… I have to wear pants? (Says the guy who has been working from home for over 18 months)

When I started working from home, I gave myself a rule - no "going to work" without pants that require a belt. So, cargo shorts are allowed, but sweatpants are not.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
When I started working from home, I gave myself a rule - no "going to work" without pants that require a belt. So, cargo shorts are allowed, but sweatpants are not.
For me its the shoes. Formal leather shoes are a must to get the correct office vibe at home, even if I'm wear a t-shirt and jeans.

Zardnaar

Legend
Woke up this morning with wife dripping an F bomb at 6am.

Two cases of Christchurchwhich us 4 hours north of where I live. That feeling you get just waiting for Covid to arrive.

What me worry?.

FB_IMG_1635397729113.jpg

Sun's out could be worse.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Pandemic silver lining: public health anti-COVID measures like masking, distancing, and more rigor in hand washing seems to have driven one of the major influenza strains into extinction. So far this year, no instances of that strain have been cultured from humans.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads