D&D and the rising pandemic

HarbingerX

Rob Of The North
Possibly ironically, a lot of Africa is better prepared than, say, the US, because they've had Ebola outbreaks and they are actively maintaining resources, training, and practice in dealing with and shutting down epidemics.

I don't hear anything about african governments taking it seriously. So it will be too late by the time they react.

Celebrim

Legend
I don't hear anything about african governments taking it seriously. So it will be too late by the time they react.

There are only two things that could at this point save the developing world from carnage.

First, it does seem that there is more limited community spread in very warm climates than cooler ones. Most of the known cases in the tropics have been travellers. That said, there is not no spread, so the R0 even if suppressed still appears to be above 1 in hot climates.

Second, we can only hope the Chinese and French are right about quinine being an effective therapy. It's readily available in tropical countries and inexpensive, so it would really be a Godsend if it works.

So it looks like it will spread throughout Mexico as well.

This is something @MoonSong, was referencing, Pres. Obrador, is personally acting as if there is no virus.

Reports from LA County California where doctors are advised to not test unless it would impact treatment.

Tests are taking a week, for results to come back, so at this point, L.A., is just waiting for the Delayed Blast Fireball to go off, and then we can start managing the damage.

On the plus side City Ordinances regarding transporting Cocktails has been relaxed, so if you are too ill to make your own libation, you can have one delivered. 🥃

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
This is something @MoonSong, was referencing, Pres. Obrador, is personally acting as if there is no virus.

Tests are taking a week, for results to come back, so at this point, L.A., is just waiting for the Delayed Blast Fireball to go off, and then we can start managing the damage.

On the plus side City Ordinances regarding transporting Cocktails has been relaxed, so if you are too ill to make your own libation, you can have one delivered. 🥃

Well at least we won't have to watch the world go to hell without our booze!

The testing delay is kind of a big deal. It means our actual numbers are at least a week behind where the reported numbers are. That coupled with our lack of tests means there's no telling just how high currently infected in U.S. are at this point.

FrogReaver

So, I'm looking at the death rate in the U.S. It seems to be that deaths are doubling about every 4 days. Cases are doubling about every 2.5 (probably a little lower).

Thoughts on what that means?

Zardnaar

Legend
Well at least we won't have to watch the world go to hell without our booze!

The testing delay is kind of a big deal. It means our actual numbers are at least a week behind where the reported numbers are. That coupled with our lack of tests means there's no telling just how high currently infected in U.S. are at this point.

So, I'm looking at the death rate in the U.S. It seems to be that deaths are doubling about every 4 days. Cases are doubling about every 2.5 (probably a little lower).

Thoughts on what that means?

Not enough testing probably.

They can't test everyone but are they doing trace testing?

FrogReaver

I'm finding the USA death count to be very low in comparison to where other countries were at this time. Huge outlier.

Remove ads