D&D 5E D&D at GenCon 2024

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
I'll definitely be attending many of these, lets see if the algorithm gods are with me on Sunday when the event lottery comes on line

Von Corellon

Adventurer
That's a massive presence. I feel as if they haven't had a GenCon appearance that large since the launch of 5e?
Totally, I can remember sessions and events like this all the way up to 5e - giving out those Tiamat hats. 4th edition presence was pretty epic with the reveal at GenCon and the Gleemax debacle lol. 3.5 was the big d20 dice-rolling prizewinning at the Wizards booth and I took home Dungeon Tiles for my Minis! Keith Baker signing his first Eberron books, wow!
Those seminars were always my favorite part, and I spent more time in halls listening than playing. I was disappointed when Wizards abandoned GenCon. Happy to see this!

Wish I could go this year, figures 🤷🏻‍♂️

Queer Venger

Totally, I can remember sessions and events like this all the way up to 5e - giving out those Tiamat hats. 4th edition presence was pretty epic with the reveal at GenCon and the Gleemax debacle lol. 3.5 was the big d20 dice-rolling prizewinning at the Wizards booth and I took home Dungeon Tiles for my Minis! Keith Baker signing his first Eberron books, wow!
Those seminars were always my favorite part, and I spent more time in halls listening than playing. I was disappointed when Wizards abandoned GenCon. Happy to see this!

Wish I could go this year, figures 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have that Tiamat hat, and the poster. I still remember the DJ rave tent dropping beats to displays of props for the Rise of Tiamat campaign books.

Queer Venger

ticket lottery didnt go so bad, I got in at 26K but it cycled fast, I was able to get 8 our of my top 15; just booked my flight from LA to Indy non-stop (paid a bit extra so I don't have to deal with stupid layovers).

Last time I was there was when 5e dropped (2014). Now Im back in time to join the 50th anniversary celebrations!!

View attachment 362449
I haven't seen this posted and it might be of interest. D&D Beyond as published the D&D schedule at GenCon. In particular, there are several panels that might be interesting.

D&D Live!

• Saturday, August 3
  • 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (doors at 7:00 p.m., show starts at 8:00 p.m.)
  • Indiana Roof Ballroom

Come experience a night of fantastic fun with a star-studded cast! Food, drink, and surprises await. This is an event you don’t want to miss! We will reveal additional details about this event in July!

Panel: Everything You Want to Know About the 2024 Player’s Handbook

• Thursday, August 1
  • 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
  • Indiana Convention Center, Room 232

Join the D&D team to get a deeper look into the soon-to-be-released 2024 Player’s Handbook, get insights on the design process, learn how community feedback shaped the final product, and more!

Panel: D&D Beyond Partner Spotlight

• Friday, August 2

D&D Beyond has brought on a host of great partner publishers, giving fans another way to enjoy content from creative voices across the TTRPG industry. Learn what’s recently arrived and what’s next!

Panel: D&D 2024 Dungeon Master’s Guide Tips & Tricks

• Saturday, August 3

The 2024 Dungeon Master’s Guide offers expanded advice and guidance for DMs of all skill levels. The D&D team shares their favorite tips and tricks from this upcoming book!

Panel: D&D’s Digital Tabletop Future

• Sunday, August 4

Come see what Wizards of the Coast has in store for the future of tabletop play in the digital realm!

Partner Panel: Multiverses and Cocktails: New Books from Ten Speed Press

• Thursday, August 1
  • 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.

Get exclusive looks at forthcoming D&D projects from the publisher of Art & Arcana and Heroes' Feast. This panel includes peeks at a new lore book, as well as looks ahead at upcoming art books, gift decks, and a cocktail book!

D&D Game Designer Signings

• Thursday and Friday, August 1-2
  • 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.

Bring your favorite books to get signed by the D&D tabletop game design team!

Special Play Event: 2024 D&D Open

• All weekend long (first sessions of play on Thursday, August 1)
  • 3 sessions of play
  • JW Marriott, Griffin Hall

The competitive D&D event returns! Yolande, the Elf Queen of Celene, calls for your aid to thwart a new evil presence that has taken root near an infamous old site. Level 4 characters are provided, built with the rules from the 2024 Player’s Handbook!

This is a tournament event that takes place over three sessions—one each on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Unlike D&D tournaments of old, all teams play all three sessions, and are scored on each session. Prizes will be awarded on Sunday for the top teams!

D&D Play with Baldman Games

• All weekend long (Thursday – Sunday)
  • JW Marriott, Griffin Hall (most D&D play)
  • Indiana Convention Center, Hall C (demo D&D)
Nice list there. Unfortunately, it looks like most are sold out. But still, it is informative for those that might want to "see" if there is a spare ticket available while there standing outside the door. ;)

Oofta

Legend
Nice list there. Unfortunately, it looks like most are sold out. But still, it is informative for those that might want to "see" if there is a spare ticket available while there standing outside the door. ;)

Many of them were sold out 5 minutes after the registration was opened. :(

Many of them were sold out 5 minutes after the registration was opened. :(
Yeah. I know I logged on and was ready to buy the second it let me. I was 6,000th in que. I got 1 out of the 10 things I was trying to buy. And I was buying a solo ticket, so it's not like I was with a group. Oh well, it'll still be fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads