D&D 5E D&D Beyond Previews Flying Pigs, Space Hamsters, And More!

WotC has previewed a few Spelljammer monsters over on D&D Beyond, including Scavvers, Space Eels, Space Hamsters, Space Mollymawks, and Space Swine. Scavvers are 10-ft space sharks, space eels are ethereal serpentine critters, the infamous space hamsters ar about the size of a bear, space mollyhawks are birds which travel in flocks, and space swine are winged boars. Yup, flying pigs...

WotC has previewed a few Spelljammer monsters over on D&D Beyond, including Scavvers, Space Eels, Space Hamsters, Space Mollymawks, and Space Swine.

Scavvers are 10-ft space sharks, space eels are ethereal serpentine critters, the infamous space hamsters ar about the size of a bear, space mollyhawks are birds which travel in flocks, and space swine are winged boars. Yup, flying pigs.

space-hamster.jpg

Ghost2020

Adventurer
I've never been truly sold on Spelljammer, even back in the AD&D2nd ed days. This version isn't pushing me into the 'buy' direction either.

I think I'll have all the races I can manage with Tales of Arcana (200 playable races - more than a few weird ones- hedgehogs, horses, cyborgs, fairies, transforming vehicles, parasitic sock puppets and regular muppets\puppets -my favorite), and I'll probably go with Planebreaker 5e from Monte Cook Games as my plane hopping plot device.

That being said, I'll be watching the reviews closely to learn more about this version. It's not a 'no', but a firm 'wait and see'.

Weiley31

Legend
I feel curiosity about the possible future playable races lineages: the xixchills (I can imagine a player revamping the biohacker class from Pathfinder), the rastipedes (what can these offer?),
Well, those can be refluffed Thri-Kreen. I'd say for the Xixchills, there is the Iron Kingdom Requiem: The Nightmare Kingdoms book that will have somewhat of a necrotech/artificer bio something class. That could potentilly cover that niche, but it's not out till next year though.

Remove ads

Remove ads