D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Hit or Flop?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
If Hasbro's $75M investment was about strengthening the brand, it appears to be paying off.
Google search for D&D (the game) peaked the week the movie released, but its drop was still a higher level than any other point in 2023 prior to the movie and a summer spike in 2022. It is now about to hit the April week 1 spike and may even surpass when full data gets in.

tldr - this chart basically shows that the movie increased search results by about double from prior to the first trailer.

1685649651203.png

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Launch week on P+ PC Mag said that D&D: Honor Among Thieves was the 5th most watched show and/or movie across all streamers.

Week two it is now number 2, ahead of Succession and Ted Lasso.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Another week's most-watched streaming movies and shows on all platforms list is out.

D&D: Honor Among Thieves fell to third in week three, behind Silo and behind Into the Spiderverse.

It remains ahead of films that passed it in box office and get more online push (Ted Lasso and Successsion).

Digital sales remain strong as it enters its second month. It remains in the top 10 for Amazon, had a two day dip to iTunes #2 after 9 days at #1, ten straight days at #1 on Google, on Vudu it's dropped to 5th. All of those are the worldwide charts, but shouldn't be noted that for Amazon it is only available in the US and Germany, despite that low distro it remains ten days in top 10. When it was only available in the US for the first two weeks on Amazon it was a dominant top 4. The only drop is because of limited international availability on that platform.

The supposed "flop" has absolutely and thoroughly dominated digital release and viewing, crushing the competition.

Also, Paramount Global stock is has now nearly caught up to what it started the year at and is two dollars higher than its low just after the bad quarterly report.

Zardnaar

Legend
Doesn't give figures though. There's around 150 million hole from the box office.

They d9nt get any extra money from Paramount + as Paramont already paid for it.

So that leaves VoD might be number 1 but that coukd only be ten-twenty million dollars.

Basically don't expect a sequel anytime soon.

Doesn't give figures though. There's around 150 million hole from the box office.

So that leaves VoD might be number 1 but that coukd only be ten-twenty million dollars.

Basically don't expect a sequel anytime soon.
Well there couldn’t be a sequel anytime soon with the WAG strike anyways. But I think this movie will end up making money and has potential to grow into a franchise. It’s not there yet but I think we will see other D&D media products either tv or movie in the relatively near future. i.e. the next 1-3 years.

Zardnaar

Legend
Well there couldn’t be a sequel anytime soon with the WAG strike anyways. But I think this movie will end up making money and has potential to grow into a franchise. It’s not there yet but I think we will see other D&D media products either tv or movie in the relatively near future. i.e. the next 1-3 years.

Safe bet considering TV show gas already been announced so ukess that gets canceled.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Are you suggesting that the people watching the movie aren't paying for it? Because if they pay for Paramount+ then Paramount gets money.

Paramount having three #1s streaming shows this year is why the stock value is bouncing back and why the investor class is excited to buy stock

Remove ads