D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Hit or Flop?

Zardnaar

Legend
Are you suggesting that the people watching the movie aren't paying for it? Because if they pay for Paramount+ then Paramount gets money.

Paramount having three #1s streaming shows this year is why the stock value is bouncing back and why the investor class is excited to buy stock

They get that money regardless if D&D is in it or not.

Apparently there's a first click.metric which gives them an idea of what attracts new subscribers.

They're losing money on streaming anyway so it's a moot point.

Zardnaar

Legend
No. They don't. People don't sign up and retain streaming platforms if the content isn't good enough to watch

You xant put all of Paramounts retention rate on D&D:HAT.

It has ne of the best rated network TV shows on it as well.

I don't think HAT significantly effected Paramounts numbers to much one way or another.

In any event it's a moot point they're losing money on Paramount+ anyway.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
You xant put all of Paramounts retention rate on D&D:HAT.

It has ne of the best rated network TV shows on it as well.

I don't think HAT significantly effected Paramounts numbers to much one way or another.

In any event it's a moot point they're losing money on Paramount+ anyway.
I haven't put all of P+ earnings on Honor Among Thieves. It's disingenuous to suggest I have.

When you mention the best rated network TV programs being on P+ it's important to remember that those properties are doing worse than Honor Among Thieves.

Your examples of the movie failing on streaming require reality to be ignored

Zardnaar

Legend
I haven't put all of P+ earnings on Honor Among Thieves. It's disingenuous to suggest I have.

When you mention the best rated network TV programs being on P+ it's important to remember that those properties are doing worse than Honor Among Thieves.

Your examples of the movie failing on streaming require reality to be ignored

You're ignoring the actual money.

At best its losing less money on streaming.

As I said before the movies lost more money than TSR ever did. You were the one who thought a sequel was gonna be announced end of April iirc and wanted to make a one sided bet on it.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
You're ignoring the actual money.

At best its losing less money on streaming.
A statement without evidence, to counter statements backed by industry leading websites whose reason for existence is accuracy.

People pay money to watch P+. More of them are watching Honor Among Thieves than CSI

People pay money for a digital copy of a movie. More people worldwide are doing that than they are for any other movie for weeks now.

Zardnaar

Legend
A statement without evidence, to counter statements backed by industry leading websites whose reason for existence is accuracy.

People pay money to watch P+. More of them are watching Honor Among Thieves than CSI

People pay money for a digital copy of a movie. More people worldwide are doing that than they are for any other movie for weeks now.

Well I just proved you wrong on the other thread.

You're translating lots of people (unknown numbers) into success.

I'm just looking at the money. All verifiable and the money's not there.

At best Paramount might make money up to 5 years away which is well past the window where D&D will have any impact.

If HAT was beating Marion in money earned not vague platitudes like number 1 on certain streamers they woukd most likely be screaming that from the treetops

Quickleaf

Legend
How are folks concluding that the movie flopped?

When I look at the numbers site it says the worldwide box office was $207,954,816, while the production budget was $150,000,000.

Are there costs that are typically not included in a movie's production budget (e.g. overhead, pre-production, development)? Are those 10% of production cost like contingency in other industries?

Are there relevant profits not typically included in "worldwide box office"?

Last edited:

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Well I just proved you wrong on the other thread.

You're translating lots of people (unknown numbers) into success.

I'm just looking at the money. All verifiable and the money's not there.

At best Paramount might make money up to 5 years away which is well past the window where D&D will have any impact.

If HAT was beating Marion in money earned not vague platitudes like number 1 on certain streamers they woukd most likely be screaming that from the treetops
The only way you "proved me wrong" is to insist that people watch Paramount+ or purchase things from iTunes for free.

Remove ads