D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Hit or Flop?

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Anti-inclusive content
It’s going to be another woke flop like the MCU phase 4. It will have a good first weekend and than it’s going to flop harder than Antmen: quantomenia.
Shame really, they’re had The best chance to launch a franchise and they ruined it for some personal idiotic agendas.

It’s going to be another woke flop like the MCU phase 4. It will have a good first weekend and than it’s going to flop harder than Antmen: quantomenia.
Shame really, they’re had The best chance to launch a franchise and they ruined it for some personal idiotic agendas.
Yeah. Dumb movie.
Was so full of agenda.
Right in the first scene. How dare the man not stand up for his woman and protect her. I mean... how can just sit there and do women things, while she fights for herself...

... also no one laughed in any scene...

Edit: to make it clear... no. The movie was not obviously pushing any agenda. It was just not playing to old tropes...

Last edited:

I.....I....saw the Movie!

It's what I feared: fast and loose with anything D&D related
Oh. Then I did see the wrong movie...
in the one I saw the nods to the actual rules were very very obvious and quite correctly depicted...

It is also worth mentioning that not any random D&D rules were referenced, but 5e rules specifically.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ooops. Careless. Check out the rules, and in the meantime you can leave this thread.

Zardnaar

Legend
If it flops don't think blaming woke matters. More likely simpler explanation. It's a D&D movie released in March starring
Chris Pine.

Outside of D&D circles not a huge amount of buzz it seems we'll see. The opening weekend figures might be inflated from early screenings idk if that approach is good or bad. Might inflate the opening weekend results but less bums on seats as the most dynamic fans have already seen it.

I can't really call it as I'm not confident in any of my predictions aka I don't know. It's not screaming out flop or massive hit so Idk.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
If it flops don't think blaming woke matters. More likely simpler explanation. It's a D&D movie released in March starring
Chris Pine.
It’ll be released released one week after John Wick: Chapter 4, which could carry strong into the D&D movie release weekend.

I wondered if that is one reason for so many pre-release screenings.

Outside of D&D circles not a huge amount of buzz it seems we'll see
I think a fair few people will see it just because it's a big light action comedy being released in (here in Australia at least) school holidays, and it's something for the kids to do. That's a market that John Wick is not in competition for. On the Other Forum i frequent (completely non-RPG related), one guy went because he had an Amazon advance screening ticket, and really enjoyed it, and another is going with a bunch of friends who are D&D players even though he's not himself. There might be a surprisingly solid word of mouth factor on this one.

Remove ads