D&D Older Editions

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
It's a lot easier to find 3.x stuff now at a glance, because that's what I play a lot besides 5e. I like it.

No, I don't think it's now "official" that older editions "aren't D&D"; that's just reading what you want to read into this. It's literally in the subforum title: "D&D older editions". (To be fair, it would be elegant to add "5E" somewhere in the original subforum description, but that's nitpicking.)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Huh, “D&D Older Editions” is now its own forum under “General Tabletop Discussion“.

It seems the official position is: If ain’t 5e, it ain’t D&D.
What an odd thing to say. It literally says “D&D” in the subforum name.
An...interesting choice. Basically ghettoizes discussion of anything other than 5e, which is less than ideal IMO. But I guess that's just how it's gonna be.
The exact opposite. The idea is to encourage discussion without having those threads immediately buried under a million 5E threads.

LoganRan

Explorer
On the other hand, if the earlier editions, are what makes you tick, now you can limit yourself to that, and not be burdened by all the 5e posts.
This.

I was really pleased to see this new sub-forum so that I can more easily find the thread topics of greater interest to me as someone who prefers the older editions (B/X and 1E) of the game.

NOTE: One thing that I did notice is that this forum cannot be directly reached via the "forum list" under the Community tab at the top of the web page which is how I generally get to forums. Will the forum list be updated to make a direct connection to this forum possible?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases