D&D (2024) D&D24 Spellcaster Subclasses: Thematic Unity

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Tasha's Summoning Spells were verbally confirmed by Crawford during the video. Very unambiguously, the Tasha's Spells are replacing the 2014 versions.

Nope, hold on there. He did not say "replacing" he said they were in there. He also said in multiple videos all the PHB spells were in there. So based on purely what he has said rather than conjecture, both the Tasha's spells and the PHB summon spells will be there.

Nope, hold on there. He did not say "replacing" he said they were in there. He also said in multiple videos all the PHB spells were in there. So based on purely what he has said rather than conjecture, both the Tasha's spells and the PHB summon spells will be there.
Correct! But I do think those PH2014 Summon spells (like Conjure Woodland Beings) may look very different than before.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Correct! But I do think those PH2014 Summon spells (like Conjure Woodland Beings) may look very different than before.
I really hope so. I would be fine replacing them with the Tasha's spells, I just am not sure they will. If they're still there, I hope in the very least they require players to choose a set of forms when they memorize the spell in advance, and then choose from that set when they cast the spell, so there is no "any beast of that CR" choice in the moment anymore. And then reduce the number of creatures and make them all go right after your turn.

Remove ads