D&D (2024) D&D24 Spellcaster Subclasses: Thematic Unity

Parmandur

Book-Friend
How did I miss Fey Wanderer is the fourth Ranger Class, it's my Favourite Ranger subclass.

What is especially interesting about that is that everyone thought Tasha's summoning spells were confirmed in Packet 7, but with Fey Wanderer confirmed, it heavily uses Summon Fey, confirming those spells back in packet 6, but flew under the radar. Wish Fey Wanderer was in BG3.
Tasha's Summoning Spells were verbally confirmed by Crawford during the video. Very unambiguously, the Tasha's Spells are replacing the 2014 versions.

DavyGreenwind

Just some guy
How did I miss Fey Wanderer is the fourth Ranger Class, it's my Favourite Ranger subclass.

What is especially interesting about that is that everyone thought Tasha's summoning spells were confirmed in Packet 7, but with Fey Wanderer confirmed, it heavily uses Summon Fey, confirming those spells back in packet 6, but flew under the radar. Wish Fey Wanderer was in BG3.
One of my players is playing a Satyr Fey Wanderer in a Witchlight game. Maximun fey. A ton of fun.

Horwath

Legend
Ranger:

Monster Slayer and Hunter should be combined into single sub class
Same with Fey wanderer and Swarmkeeper
Beastmaster and Drakewarden are very similar and can be once class, maybe add a half feat to beastmaster so dragon can be picked up.

that leaves us with:
Beast master,
Fey wanderer,
Hunter,
Gloomstalker
and Horizon walker as 5th for some supplement book.

Kalmi

Explorer
Ranger:

Monster Slayer and Hunter should be combined into single sub class
Same with Fey wanderer and Swarmkeeper
Beastmaster and Drakewarden are very similar and can be once class, maybe add a half feat to beastmaster so dragon can be picked up.

that leaves us with:
Beast master,
Fey wanderer,
Hunter,
Gloomstalker
and Horizon walker as 5th for some supplement book.
Hunter should just be the base Ranger, none of its features are especially good beyond the first one.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Hunter should just be the base Ranger, none of its features are especially good beyond the first one.
that also.
Nah.

Hunter's Prey should be a base Ranger Feature as Favored Enemy and Defensive Tactics at level 11.
The Hunter should let you choose a second option of both.

The Gloomstalker auto-chooses FE: Dread Ambusher and DT: Iron Mind

Each class really should have a subclass that doubles down on its core features. Like how the Moon druid doubles down on Wildshape.

There should be an Metamagician Sorcerer or a Sorcerery Point Sorcerer. Like the Draconic Sorcerer should be the Sorcery Point or Metagamic Sorcerer. Like a Draconic Sorcerer should be use Heighten Spell for only 1 point or reroll double dice with Empowered Spells if the spell deals damage that matches their damage affinity.

Remove ads