D&DExp Character Sheets!

Cor Azer

First Post
ShinRyuuBR said:
Prime Shot (if one of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, gain a +1 to ranged attacks against the target)

I'm thinking that Prime Shot is "If none of your allies..." as opposed to "one": the blurred area looks a bit too long to only be three letters, and the verb conjugation doesn't match one.

Plus, the idea I get of Prime Shot is that there's absolutely nothing blocking it (ie, nobody in the way: "I've got a prime shot right at the evil wizard's head!"

Ulthwithian

First Post
Sorry, I should have been much more explicit with my assumptions.

1) Point-buy system from 3.X is in place and in use in 4E. Same start, same everything.

As you point out, there are 8s and 9s (and no stats below 8) present, which would indicate that point buy was used. I initially did this since I noted that the stat blocks were very close to what point-buy gives you (it's about the only way I use).

_If_ the pregens were randomly rolled--and I'd hate to see the thinking behind that move--then we have a rather large coincidence. If we get more character sheets and they all fall in the 28-29 mold, I'd say the coincidence stretches the boundaries of credulity.

While I'm pretty sure I could deliver a system that would start from zero, I'm not sure if that would be profitable since preliminary results (given above) seem to indicate that 3.X point buy was used to make these characters.

Edit: Half-elves may have a choice of stat. However, not knowing the bonuses that humans get, it's hard to say what might be hardwired. OTOH, 'hardiness of humans combined with the grace of elves' is the general consensus on the make-up of a half-elf, right? If so, then CON/CHA would work. If they got a choice, I would think it'd be between CHA and DEX, to signify the difference between Elf and Eladrin backgrounds.

Last edited:

The character sheets posted all have Noun-Noun style last names, just like so many of the 4e monsters and powers.

Redmoon
Ironforge
Duskmeadow

I'm amused.

Knight Otu said:
Judging from the character sheets, saves appear to be calculated from the better of two values: Fortitude is the better of Str or Con, Reflex is the better of Dex or Int, and Will is the better of Wis or Cha.
If this is true, I like it very much. It allows you to concentrate on certain ability scores without sucking the life out of your saves.

Edit: By saves, I mean defences of course.

It also adds some flavour. Now you can have one character with a good Reflex because he has an exceptionally quick reaction time (Dex), and another with a good Reflex because he reads situations and is aware of incoming threats (Int).

Edit again: Without spending a frickin' feat on it, of course.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases