Dark Fairytale IC

Azurewraith

Explorer
Bracing yourselves for the cold you step through the portal your reality fades and then reappears. It's warm oddly warm for a frozen mountain and dark the only light are the stars in the night sky, wait that's not the sky it's a ceiling hewn from the rock and those are small rocks twinkling up there. The dry heat you feel is coming from a series of pipes glowing red hot beneath you. Your feet clatter along the metal walkway suspended above the pipes, in stark contrast to the metal of the floor and what can only be the heating system are the quaint little cottages in front of you.

23ac7ce4593831f7e21a43e8ed0bef0e.jpg

GM: Disregard the plants and sky the picture is more to depict the building style your in a cave.

The hustle and bustle of a market place can be heard from down an allyway from the other end of the ally you can hear the rhythmic thud of metal striking metal. With no information from the academy its anyone's guess who you should be seeking out or why your even here.

GM: All lighting in the mountain is dim light even inside the buildings unless stated other wise, not a issue for those with Darkvision may require squinting for those without.

Last edited:

OOC: Should there be a picture?

"Okay, we're here. Anybody know why?" Shavara looks around and points toward the rhythmic noise. "Perhaps the metal striking metal is a smith? Seems more like to know something than random folks in a market."

Shildor prepaired himself to breath in the fresh cold mountain air, taking a deep breath the moment reality settled in again. He lets out a loud cough as instead his lungs are filled with warm air instead. "Not quite what I was expecting..."
Squinting his eyes he tried to take in the surroundings, "It seems we are inside the mountain, so perhaps we are already in Dravethan?"
He then turned towards Shavara, "To be honest I have no idea what we are supposed to do here. I had hoped we would be accompanied by someone who had more information."
He then let his enormous shield rest on the metal walkway for a moment, flexing his arm in a triumphant way before introducing himself
"Before I forget, since this is our first mission together let me introduce myself! The name is Lothoc 'Shildoor' Hrafnveidi-Mao, it's a pleasure to meet you all! "

"Pleased to meet you as well, Lothoc," Shavara says in Giant offering a handshake (or whatever is culturally appropriate in Giant). In Common, she adds, "I don't think I've met anyone so tall as you before."

"Call me Shildoor" he then grabbed Shavara's hand (which must be Tiny in comparison) and gives her a firm handshake, doing his best not to make it to firm.
"First Time for everything!"

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
offering a handshake (or whatever is culturally appropriate in Giant)
OOC: A fist bump hard enough to crack wallnuts between them :)

"Hi, I'm Leonan de Hewes. I expected some extra information too. Which means either this is the place everyone knows what's wrong or soon everyone WILL know what's wrong. And they want to get rid of us." he finishes with the smile.
"We should probably ask someone, in this case the smith, what's up."
Leonan removes the fur jacket, cap and the mitts.
"It seems these are not needed for the moment."

"As pleasant as it is standing here, perhaps we should head toward that sound as we continue our introductions." She starts walking in the direction of the noise. When it seems they are all headed the same way, she looks back at the blond haired man and asks, "And you are?"

Azurewraith

Explorer
Following the sound reveals as you get closer that it is not one sound in fact a entire melody of clashing and banging.

As you reach the center of the noise you find your self in a large square much colder than where you came from as snow steadly trickles down from a large hole in the roof of the mountain, some billows up from the buildings some forges some tinkers shops. One of the shops is different however it is dark the windows borded up and a loan guard stands by its door which is marked with a big red X.

Remove ads