Dark Fairytale IC

Azurewraith

Explorer
You hear a voice in your head you recognise to be that of Ralath the controller. Be in the portal room in 2 hours. This is highly unorthodox to not be told what your going up against our not to be told in person by Asheena something is off.

GM: So your going in blind! Who knows what you will find. Last chance to arm your selves.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Colember collects his armor from the smith, forgoing some of his requested decoration to get the suit functional in a hurry. He then quickly dons the armor, gathers his things and gets to the portal room.

"No briefing? What is the emergency? Any word?"

Azurewraith

Explorer
One of the acolytes shrugs"You know as much as us all we where told was to open a portal to dravethan"

Dravethan is a old dwarven strong hold built into the side of a mountain, renowned for its permafrost all year round.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
renowned for its permafrost all year round.

"Great! Not only we'll be in some dusty dwarven mausoleum, we'll freeze our tails off. At least there will be no nobility."

Leonan shudders and prepares his clothes for the wintry sleeping - extra padded sleeping bag, fur coat, the works.
"Maybe Asheena is already there. Or worse, maybe all senior staff is affected and we need to clear it up because no one else remains."

Neurotic

"Besides not taking no for an answer and taking other people subservience for granted? Now, there are exceptions of course. But didn't you expect Kalveen to 'yes master' you and do everything you told him to? How often did he NOT obey? How far would you try to push him as your huntsmaster and protector? Should he prepare the bath for you in an inn? Fold your clothes? Now, you are a man of the world and you treated him fairly.

But imagine some pampered dandy, spoiled heiress or someone equally out of touch with common life. They wouldn't even think about how much work their request requires. And if common woman catches fancy of a noble? If she does not fall to - sometimes quite vulgar - wooing, she just gets taken anyway."

Leonan seems to warm up to the subject
"And woe to friends and family who try to defend her. In the end, IF she is lucky that the guy is serious, she may end up in unwanted marriage, but safe. Otherwise, used, discarded and forgotten. Or worse with a child and ostracized for it by other 'decent' people as if somehow she herself is to blame. Don't start me on what is wrong with nobility. Think on it for a moment and tell me, just on moments notice, how many of your fellow nobles can you list that would treat a dispute with a commoner fairly? How many have connections to the courts and have no fear of the law because they aren't afraid to pull those connections. How many guards, even if they caught them for something, will release on strict word from above? It was youthful exuberance - older nobles would say - they got into wrong company - whatever, excuses would fly among themselves, while commoners caught along them would suffer the consequences. PAH!"

He waves the hand away from him
"Ask not what is wrong with nobility. Rather, consider how the system in which person is judged by accident of birth and not personal skill and valour is fair?"

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION], you just pulled on character flaw :)

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"In my father's court a commoner who has a grievance against a noble will be heard and treated fairly. True nobility is bound by honor and duty, especially to the common folk they serve."

"Perhaps though, you have a point, as many who claim titles by blood do not use their power as they should."

Neurotic

"Well..." Leonan nods "...there is an exception to every rule. It is to your credit to treat everyone honorably. With great power comes great responsibility. Unfortunately, not many are taught that way. Lets see what Master Ralath wants from us."

"Dravethan aye?" a loud booming voice said.
A Large Ashgrey skinned Goliath covered in pitch Black tattoo's walked into the room. Wearing worn out but well maintenced Splint Mail, covered By a Large wolves Pelt. To his side, his shield... perhaps? He is carrying it like a shield, but it looks More like a Giant steel door. Taking a quick look around the room he continued

"It'll feel good to breath in the fresh mountain air again!"

Shavara was surprised by the psychic summoning. Her first mission had been aborted a few minutes, for non-payment she was told. Since then she had not been summoned to a hunt. She quickly donned her armor and gathered her equipment. "Draventhan," she mused. Thinking it was up north, she added a cold weather cloak to her normal costume. She gave the room a last look before locking the door and heading to the portal room.

There she found a few people she'd seen around but never had the chance to really talk to. The man with the mask seemed odd. There was an energy about him that was odd. The other two half-elves, one in half plate, the other unarmored, both seemed attractive. But she wondered what they were like personally. The goliath was big and hulking common to his race but he carried himself with a friendly atmosphere.

She took a deep breath and said in her melodious soprano, with a little wave, "Hi, guys. I'm Shavara. Anyone know what we might be doing?"

Remove ads