Dark Fairytale IC

Azurewraith

Explorer
The door resists strongly at first as Colember uses his greatsword as a lever but once it is in motion the door moves much easier.

The room appears to be empty just a few floor to ceiling shelves that are empty.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: So I'm assuming you are heading down the stairs
GM:

Descending the long staircase you can only assume you are going deeper, just how much deeper you could get before hitting the center of the planet is anyone's guess. The pipes from the room above can be seen running along the ceiling and eventually they creep down the wall and into the floor vanishing room sight until you reach the bottom of the staircase.

Before you is a large room with two large glass tanks, about 15ft tall and 20ft wide filled about halfway with a strange green liquid. The dirt built up on the glass and the colour of the liquid make it difficult to see inside but you can all feel a psionic pressure seeping out of the right hand side glass container.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Searching the room doesn't turn up much the room is pretty much empty apart from the tanks, removing some of the grime from one of the tanks does reveal that it is housing a brain slightly larger than a standard humanoid brain however it looks shrivelled almost like it has shrunk.
"I want to live" The voice bounces around Colembers skull seemingly coming from no where.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Leonan looks around and startles with brain revelation. Both visually gross and just...wrong.

"We should kill it. It enslaves people. And drives others to madness."
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Are you the one that kept the dwarves above captive? If not, who did? And is there a way we can help you without killing you?"
Leonan seems willing to negotiate, but is still very much open to killing the thing. "Maybe The Academy will have a place for it? But how could they use it or study it? It is terrible!" he thinks even as he tries not to.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Dwarves keep safe" The voice inside Leonan's head falters as it speaks almost as if the effort needs is to much. "Find, gnome he has body"
 
Kaleth looks at the brain with distaste. He was forming an idea of what this thing was or at least what put it in this jar. If he was right in his thinking they could not let it live. He prepares his mental defenses and then reaches out to the things mind.

Who are you?
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
"I have no name, names are for individuals.... I am the collective"

The brain seems only to be capable of holding one telepathic conversation at once.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
A flash of several images appears in Kaleth's mind the first being a tadpole swimming around in a tank similar to this one but the background seems different, the next image is that off a tall humanoid shape with its back turned, wearing a long black robe the figure turns revealing several tentacles dangling from its face and two large black eyes. The images are gone almost as soon as they appear "Want... To live"
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: You would know the basics, they eat brains, they are psionic and generally not nice. You could possibly know more with a int check you may possibly know more.

They are the same out space mind eating pure evil squids as canonical dnd lore.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Kaleth racks his brain but knowledge on mindflayers is few and far between other than the basics, certain scholars believe that they are controlled by some hive mind others say they came from outer space non of this information is verified naturally as well having a conversation with a mindflayer only ends one way.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"So, what can you tell us about yourself? Would you grow in time? Can you be moved? If so, how?" Leonan wracks his head looking for the story of something similar, trying to find a trick that would work on mind reading thing.
 

Advertisement

Top