• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter, Discovery: Pushing for Impeachment

iwatt

First Post
Larry gives the number to the voice on the radio, keeping his French mercenary impersonation. "As soon as I have confirmation of deposit, Monsieur, I will do my part. We are relocating before reinforcements arrive, and in case you decide to become creative, mon ami, to avoid payment." His voice turned grimmer. "Then, the lady will take the couteau. Any special requests? I lost friends in this op, so I am feeling vindicatif..."

As he mounts the snowmobile behind Blade, he speaks only to her. "I might need you to scream and cry a little. I sincerely hope you can pull it off."

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

My post, right before iwatt's, has Cade gathering up as much of the team as he can for a quick snowmobile ride to assault/capture the bad guy, before he realizes that his attempt has fault.

Falkus

Explorer
OOC: I'm going to try to have a post up later today or tomorrow. I've had work troubles, again, and I'm taking my vacation early as a result, so I should have plenty of time over the next two weeks.

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC: I'm going to try to have a post up later today or tomorrow. I've had work troubles, again, and I'm taking my vacation early as a result, so I should have plenty of time over the next two weeks.

OOC

It's all good, Falkus, I'm sure we can all empathize or sympathize with the work thing. Hopefully it's all okay after the vacation and that's not just a stop gap measure.

Looking forward to the post, though, as well as what's coming next. :D

Falkus

Explorer
As the team pulled away from the senator's house on the captured snowmobiles, another team of Institute special security agents was arriving on their snowmobiles.

Z had declined to join Team Libra, and instead waved goodbye, before she went to greet the new team and start hacking Homeland Security with the computer equipment they'd brought.

The road's themselves were still jammed with snow, and it looked like the various snow plows and blowers employed by the city would have to be making a heroic effort to get the roads clear enough for use in time for the citizenry to get to work. Fortunately, having snowmobiles, this presented no barrier to Team Libra. Also, the airport was also closed, no planes would be flying in this weather.

The team arrived on Central Avenue, near one of the security gates onto the airstrip. The security gate was open, and the guards called away, thanks to Z implementing fake orders on the security network.

Friadoc

Explorer
After checking the GPS coordinates, Cade looks to the members of Team Libra and says, "We take him down or we take him out...if possible, alive is best, but no need to trade one of our lives for his, okay?"

With that said, Cade will pull up a schematic of the area that they're going to hit, make sure the others have it on their PDAs, and come up with a good plan of attack. If there are two entrances to where they need to hit, Cade will split the group into two groups; Cade and The Professor in one group and Meri, Diego, and Larry in the other.

Falkus

Explorer
There was a message from Z on the PDA, along with the floorplans of the terminal and other buildings. There were a lot of hiding places in the airport, if someone wanted to get lost. The terminals, the parking lots, the hangers, the maintenance tunnels. The tunnel network the team combed through near Delphi was a straight line compared the labyrinth of an international airport.

'Got something for you, ace. There's a private plane that belongs to a corporation owned, through about a half dozen holding corporations, by Haight. It's on runway seven right now. Scheduled for a flight out this evening, but got canceled due to the weather.'

Friadoc

Explorer
"Runway seven," says Cade to the others. "If we get near it, then ditch the snowmobiles, we should be able to approach on the downlow and he shouldn't notice us." Cade will share the maps and info with the others.

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith nodded. "Which way is that?" she called into her radio. On getting the right heading she sweves towards that runway.

"We should still make sure we have people in the airport. He may already have gotten off the plane" she advises as they bear in.

Remove ads