D&D 5E Dark Sun, problematic content, and 5E…

Is problematic content acceptable if obviously, explicitly evil and meant to be fought?

• Yes.

Votes: 206 89.2%
  • No.

Votes: 25 10.8%

Scribe

Legend
You inserted the word “entire.”

There was no qualifier, then again, looking at this poll (noted as being small, unscientific, and this forum leaning likely dramatically older than Wizards current entire player base) the 'player base' is fine with these elements.

The poll doesn't limit specificity to WotC though.

True, but this is a D&D thread, in a D&D leaning forum, discussing a Wizards owned IP.

We need to take some assumptions for granted I think. ;)

Let’s try it this way:

Whose expression is being curtailed by pointing out the WotC won't be publishing an update of Dark Sun because of WotC’s perception of the sensibilities of a significant portion of their player base (which neither WotC nor any reasonable person would suggest is monolithic)?
Significant? That's not much better than 'entire'. I think you might want to back that statement up with some facts.

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
True, but this is a D&D thread, in a D&D leaning forum, discussing a Wizards owned IP.

We need to take some assumptions for granted I think. ;)
I think that would do many posters on this thread a disservice, as they've specifically called out a separation between their feelings of WotC and other creators / publishers when it comes to the strict binary question presented.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads