• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dawn of Defiance

Wintergypsy

First Post
Once your woprds are translated, the chief stands back in silence and pauses for a moment that seems like an eternity...then Mandrake translates:

"He says he'll help you. You've clearly impressed him as he will guide you there himself. He'll need to meditate but it'd be best if you came back in the morning."

You step outside and stroll around the village for a while, taking in the moods of the noon time nature-life.

[I need perception checks and some RP'ing ;) ]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"It seems your diplomatic skills are more sharp than what I originally thought. I must congratulate you, to take my metallic back part out of that hut in one piece." Comments EF-8, without paying attention of his surrounding's.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"Well spoken Duella." Alder says with admiration. "Now let's see if they have any food around here. I'm fed up with the space-rations."

In his search for something edible, Alder still remembers to be mindfull of his surroundings.

OOC:
Take 10 on UtF to Sense Surroundings = 16
Perception (1d20+8=26)
I don't really know should I be able to spot anything if it's even moderately far away, being blind and all.

Max

First Post
"Well done, Duela. I think you can handle the talking anytime," says Surussk, respectfully.

As he walks around, Surussk will try and gauge what kind of weapons these villagers have and if they would be any help against Empire troops.

Perception roll (1d20+8=24)

Dalamar

Adventurer
"You do realize, EF and Surussk, that I wouldn't have had to be such a great talker if you hadn't started shooting, right? When I say 'hold your fire', I mean it, okay," Duela says, though she doesn't accuse the two. Rather, she pokes a bit of fun at them.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I told EF-8 to hold fire as well, but I'm afraid it is a battle droid, not much to do about it. Allthough, I see that we have injure one of these beasts severely. They are indeed strong creatures, no us could have take so much blaster shoots." EF-8 says, making a pause. "Interesting possibilities."

Max

First Post
Dalamar said:
"You do realize, EF and Surussk, that I wouldn't have had to be such a great talker if you hadn't started shooting, right? When I say 'hold your fire', I mean it, okay," Duela says, though she doesn't accuse the two. Rather, she pokes a bit of fun at them.

"Ah, but for that to work you must say "hold your fire" BEFORE I fire," says Surussk with a toothy grin. "Clearly the problem is you must talk faster."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Indeed" Ef-8 adds to Suussk comment. "Well then, what should we do now? There are plenty of possibilities. I would like our friend mechanic here fix some of the damage EF-8 suffered if we are to venture beyond this encampment. " the droid says.

Wintergypsy

First Post
After repairing EF-8, Kered and the others all mount kybucks provided to them by Vazus Mandrake. EF-8 rides remarkably well for a droid, clearly he was designed to be as human like in his reflexes as possible. As you make ready to leave, you can hear an Imperial Speeder Bike's distinctive whining noise! You have been discovered!

It would be vital to start pursuing him and disabling the Imperial Scout Trooper before he manages to reach his abse, or the village will be destroyed and your rescue mission compromised!

You can currently barely make out the Speeder Bike's behind...you'll have to hurry to catch up. Fortunately (or unfortunately ?) Kybucks are very, very fast animals...

[The chase will have several rounds; i'll need you all to roll Init for me, and a ride check to move your kybucks in pursuit...kybuck stats posted below...]

Kybuck CL 1
Medium beast 2
Init +4; Senses Perception +2
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Defenses Ref 14 (flat-footed 11), Fort 9, Will 11; +1 natural armor
hp 7; Threshold 9
Speed 12 squares
Melee bite +2 (1d6+2) or
kick +2 (1d4+2)
Base Atk +1; Grp +4
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 8, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 12
Special Qualities dash
Feats Skill Focus (Jump)
Skills Jump +12
Dash—Unlike many other beasts, kybucks can move at incredibly high
speeds overland. They have a maximum velocity of 90 km/h.

Remove ads