• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #8 Mysteries of the Drow (CLOSED)

Voda Vosa

First Post
I was reading savage species, and if you want to rule it straight, I can't make such character. I need to get to mummy 13 before multiclassing. I'll come up to something later, I'm open to suggestion.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Can you add class levels to the mummy in the MM??? I thought that was possible I am working on some background/inter-story stuff to help add your character to the game. It's pretty easy so far I think I will have you be one of the Lich's henchmen who finally wants to get out from under his rule.

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
You can, but in so doing, the mummy character he would have would likely be stronger (of a higher ECL) than the others in the group. The savage progression VV is talking about basically spreads the mummy's abilities out and makes it into a playable class, gaining the actual racial abilities as it levels up. And it is about a 12 or 13 level class, thereby removing any Cleric levels he might get.

Unless you want to HR it, almight DM.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I was thinking: If the it has a level adjustment of +4, I could get a mummy 4/ cleric 3, using the LA as a ECL. In my opinion, restricting you to get the 12 levels of mummy just to have mummy rot at will doesn't make sense.
A mummy 4/cleric 3, while resilient, and with some traits would only be able to cast second level spells.

Dragonwriter

First Post
With that idea, you'd only have 3d8 HD, giving you 24 HP total, without any feats like Improved Toughness (a whopping 3 more). You would die (again) extremely quickly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads