• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC #8 Mysteries of the Drow (CLOSED)

Voda Vosa

First Post
But it doesn't roar or walk all stiffy. ;)

Let's see.... Yeah, I don't see why Bob (let's call him like that for now) would mind using shield, although I see him wearing some suits of armor. Weapons, perhaps, but not Bob's top ten list.
Bob would have, of his priest side, the spells, abilities, and armor, although not heavy, say a scale mail.
Of his mummy side he'll have his undead traits, some abilities and his slam attack, Bob won't mind if we strip him of mummy rot ability for example.
As another option, you can play with Crazy Monkey's rules for savage species, which are quite nice. He places special abilities as feats, and eliminates level adjustment, so you play the character as true races, which progress in their race skills taking feats. however that's a whole different story.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Now what about fluff that would help determine abilities. If you were working for the Lich what did you do for him? Create undead?? Heal him after failed experiments?? Or did he find you and bind you to serve or does he hold some other power over you and you wish to be rid of him?

Will think some more I'm at work now will make a list of what you want gone and what you wish to keep but I still think a 4HD mummy/5th lvl cleric would be the easiest to make.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey Theroc you know any books that could help in this type of character creation??

WD mention something was just wondering if you knew anything as well.

HM

Theroc

First Post
Hey Theroc you know any books that could help in this type of character creation??

WD mention something was just wondering if you knew anything as well.

HM

Libris Mortis is a 3.5 source book that actually has the racial levels ala Savage Species... but I don't know if it will help at all. It has levels setup for mummies to take and the like.

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, libris mortis is a good start. It has the necropolitan 'race' that got nearly nothing, but undead traits, so it will be a good bench mark.

Honestly, you could make something like a lesser undead type, like living construct for the warforged.

of

Undead Type

Undead are once-living creatures animated by spiritual or supernatural forces.
Features

An undead creature has the following features.

• 12-sided Hit Dice.
  • Base attack bonus equal to ½ total Hit Dice (as wizard).
  • Good Will saves.
  • Skill points equal to (4 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the undead creature has an Intelligence score. However, many undead are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.
Traits

An undead creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

• No Constitution score.
  • Darkvision out to 60 feet.
  • Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
  • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
  • Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
  • Cannot heal damage on its own if it has no Intelligence score, although it can be healed. Negative energy (such as an inflict spell) can heal undead creatures. The fast healing special quality works regardless of the creature’s Intelligence score.
  • Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
  • Uses its Charisma modifier for Concentration checks.
  • Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed.
  • Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.
  • Proficient with its natural weapons, all simple weapons, and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
  • Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Undead not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Undead are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
  • Undead do not breathe, eat, or sleep.
I would keep
Undead Type

Undead are once-living creatures animated by spiritual or supernatural forces.
Features

An undead creature has the following features.

• 12-sided Hit Dice.
  • Base attack bonus equal to ½ total Hit Dice (as wizard).
  • Good Will saves.
  • Skill points equal to (4 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the undead creature has an Intelligence score. However, many undead are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.
Traits

An undead creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

Deleting:

Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
(free mindblank is to much)

Proficient
-all simple weapons, and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
-with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Undead not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Undead are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
(that are class levels for)

Voda Vosa

First Post
I like that. So, what level adjustment are you thinking of? Or it would be like a class to aplly to another race? Say, human, then take levels in that "class"?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey VV just take WD's suggested undead type and use that as a base class and take as many hit dice as you wish in it and the rest of your ECL can be cleric levels (max ECL7).

You still about Giant Boy there is an opening for you in Mactire's Misfits the other DCC#8 game.

HM

Voda Vosa

First Post
So it's OK if I take two levels of "undead" aka mummy, and then 5 of cleric? Also, how does the saving throws increase with level?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Your HB mummy(lvl2) would have +0 Fort, +0 Reflex, +3 Will, since it has Good Will saves. So sure make a Undead(mummy)2/Cleric5 and I can't remeber starting GP but I do know it was above normal will look it up.

HM

Remove ads