DDI Subscribers: Are you satisfied with your subscription?

Are you satisfied with your DDI Subscription?

Ktulu

First Post
The only thing I wish they had out was the Character Portrait Generator. I'd get a lot of mileage out of it.

I can't promote it enough. It's the single-best tool I've ever received for RPG use and it only costs me $5/month.

Starsunder

Explorer
Extremely satisfied. I just subsribed today actually (year sub), and the content is awesome (Masters of the Planes ftw). If this is what I have to look forward to on a regular basis, then color me impressed.

Only caveat, I want deity stats with my deity fluff....;)

Cadfan

First Post
Extremely satisfied.

Part of the reason I'm so happy with it is the cost. Its low, only $5 a month, and it means I have full access to all of the magic items in the Adventurer's Vault (MSRP $29.95), the character material from the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (MSRP $29.95), and Martial Power (MSRP $29.95).

So by my lights I've spent $60 and I've gotten $90 worth of value so far, not counting the magazines or character builder. By the end of the subscription year, several more books will be released, and the value will continue to rise.

MarkAHart

Explorer
Extremely satisfied. The Compendium and the Bonus Tools make DDI a "must-have" for a DM; the Character Builder is the best of its kind ever.

The content in DUNGEON and DRAGON is useful, timely, and well done.

I know the price for DDI will be going up soon, now that the CB has gone live; it won't immediately affect me, as I paid for a year in one lump sum. That being said, $5 a month is a steal and then some.

Extremely satisfied.

Part of the reason I'm so happy with it is the cost. Its low, only $5 a month, and it means I have full access to all of the magic items in the Adventurer's Vault (MSRP $29.95), the character material from the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (MSRP $29.95), and Martial Power (MSRP $29.95).

So by my lights I've spent $60 and I've gotten $90 worth of value so far, not counting the magazines or character builder. By the end of the subscription year, several more books will be released, and the value will continue to rise.
This was my primary reason for subscribing. I don't have the money to keep buying all those books, so for the price of about two rulebooks, I get all rulebooks released in an entire year. If that's not a bargain, I don't know what is.

Dragon/Dungeon, Character Creator and the other tools/content are just icing on an already sizable and well-iced cake. :)

Enforcer

Explorer
Very satisfied here. Mac support for the Character Builder and future apps would push me to Extremely in a heartbeat. For now I just use VMWare Fusion to run it (with 3d acceleration turned off, it runs way better that way for some reason).

I don't use the Dungeon stuff much, but it's nice to have access to every 4e module published there for my subscription fee. The Dragon content is great overall, I just loved the article on Bane that just went up, really well done.

Asmor

First Post
Very satisfied.

My biggest annoyance is how readily it logs you out.

I'd probably say extremely satisfied if I hadn't been looking forward to the virtual tabletop so much.

catsclaw227

First Post
Yea that sorta bugs me too, when I am using the compendium in game. They need to set the session timeout on that web app at 60min instead of the standard 20min set by IIS. That way, if you don't hit refresh or look anything up for an hour, you still have to log back in, but in game, it shoulds stay active most of the time.

Remove ads