• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death of the Dragons

Vertexx69

First Post
Grabhar picks up his spear from its resting place against the wall and looks at the tip for a moment, then turns the spear slowly in his strong hands and the tip morphs into a wickedly barbed, silver spade shape. "There now, that's better. They won't get away from you this time old friend." He then sets it back where he was resting it before.

Halford

First Post
"Fascinating!" Alariass exclaims peering at the spear.

"You are quite the talented assemblage!" He informs the group.

"If I might be so bold would everyone be prepared to share therir talents - to give a resume as it were? Or at least to reveal what they will offer up to enuiring minds in battle in anycase - forewarned is, afterall, forearmed. I myself will attempt to avoid direct physical confrontation and assault our foes with the elements and with astral constructs, ectoplasmic entities formed by the power of my mind - I shall attempt to have these entities bear he brunt of combats if our foes do not comprehend their nature, and endeavour to provide a distraction so that our melee combatants might hit home more frequently. Against certain enemies my knowledge of how to attack a beast most efficiently should also proffer help in piercing their hides."

Voidrazor

First Post
Haereka drifts, apparently unconsciously, away from Alariass and and Grabhar but toward Marius. "I'm not so superstitious as to consider all deformity to be a mark of evil." She says, eyeing Grabhar's back. Her gaze shifts back to Alariass, wary.And I consider all those bearing draconic blood to be kin. But I've never heard of undead that aren't evil. You don't look deceased, what manner of undead are you? And were you found out or volunteer your, er, status to the others?"

Halford

First Post
Alariass smiles, and his voice takes on a lecturing tone - albeit one infused with more enthusiasm by far than he has previously evidenced.

"Ah, well as to undead in general ghosts need not be evil and you will find that the majority of unintelligent undead are not evil in and of themselves, though they are frequently used for evil ends - a tool, or weapon if you prefer. The practice of animating such creatures may also be considered evil, a act confirmed by the refusal of those deities regarded as "good" to grant such spells to their clerics - personally I would argue that there are instances in which the casting of such spells might not be properly considered evil - though I admit such occasions would be highly unusual."

He pauses and removes his hat once more.

"I myself am now a creature known as a Necropolitan, and no, Necroplitans are not inherently evil - though I will admit that the majority of my compatriots dabble with forces too dark to leave their souls entirely unstained. I embraced Undeath - at considerable expense - to ensure that I could complete my work. I have absented myself from the afterlife that my research may benefit those upon this mortal coil. The act of becoming a Necropolitan requires a certain degree of moral flexibility, but unlike the attainment of Lichdom it does not involve the pain of others, but rather ones own agony - the rewards are smaller than Lichdom to be sure, but so is the price."

The Necropolitan blinks.

"Ah, do forgive me, how I prattle on. Any excuse to lecture I am afraid. I do tend to feel that knowledge ought to be shared wherever possible - and prudent."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Marius Goldleaf

I heard rumors that were-tigers may be harmed by ivory weapons. Something about their origins or something. Silver works however. Other than that, try not to get hit by both claws as they can rake and bite is almost inevitable once they get hold of you.

As for my abilities, I am simple knowledge seeking monk. I can stun living opponents by hitting their vulnerable spots and can defeat or kill almost anything by my bare hands before they even realize they are under attack. I prefer not to kill or even to fight, but I will as need arises.

[sblock=OOC]
Ivory killing is flavor thing. In D&D every were is harmed by silver which is not the way folklore of different cultures work. In India there are stories of were tigers killed by ivory; in England stories of wereboars killed only by oaken spears, were wolves harmed by silver; in Philippines there are stories of were sharks etc etc...each culture has something it fears and it converts those to myths. Killing such supernatural creatures is always with something special, mostly material they are familiar with.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Grabhar stands from the wall where he's been leaning and picks up his spear once again. "...Very well, I am not just a simple spearman." From beneath the folds of his voluminous green cloak he slowly unfurls his impressive golden feathered wings. "I am Grabhar Goldenwing, once a captain of the Windian Royal Guard. I am what is not commonly known - as a Spearsage." He spins his spear around his back and lightly stabs the little chair that had been meant for him. A chilling, cobalt blue flame coils around the silver spear and lances out, charring the wooden seat to a cinder. There are no incantations or gestures from the Windian, no flashes of light or sound to accompany this manifestation of energy, which may confuse those spellcasters that have not seen this type of display before. "...And my - abilities - can be as varied as the situation requires." He adds with a sort of grim smirk. He folds his wings back up under his cloak, and resumes the posture of a hunchback once more.

OOC- Use flame blade, then recover the maneuver as a full round action..

Halford

First Post
Alariass nods,

"Very well, thank you for the data gentlemen, it will help me I assure you. I assume we are to set off in the morning Seipher? So let us hear anymore relevant details and then those who need to can rest before we set out."

Voidrazor

First Post
"Oh, I should probably say something about my talents." Haereka giggles, absently fiddling with one of the gems sewn into the plunging neckline of her courtiers gown. "Physical confrontations aren't really my forte. But I'm really hard to find when I don't want to be seen. So I suppose I'd make a pretty good scout. And I can manipulate certain energies, even while hidden. I know that sounds vague, but its versatile and kinda hard to explain." She grins impishly.

Halford

First Post
Alariass smiles, even in life he had little interest in womenfolk - books were much more rational.

"Well please do try, you will find I have little difficulty comprehending as a rule. By what method do you remain hidden, mundane, magical, or extraordinary? These energies you manipulate, what form are they likely to take, and out of pure curiosity whjat is there origin, divine, arcane, mental, incarnum based, etc.? And most of all how will you operate if we face a battle? Should we take any precautions to avoid striking you if you are hidden, avoid using area effects, etc?"

Remove ads