• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death of the Dragons

Vertexx69

First Post
Grabhar seems to just notice the comely female that was already in the cabin when they got there. This may seem strange to those who saw him shamelessly flirting with the bar maids all evening. "Probably something like the mind powers you lay claim to wrinkles." As he steps up next to the 'merchant' with a wry smile. "I don't understand why such a lovely lady as yourself would ever want to go unseen, especially with such a clever neckline, but such an ability could proove quite useful when big nasty beasts are about. With you, the quiet young elf there and myself, not much should be able to sneak up on us thats for sure."
He reluctantly turns his attention back to their young host. "So as soon as we get this payment business sorted out young master, we can away for the rest of the evening and meet back here at first light to begin our journey."

Halford

First Post
Alariass nods to himself and stands silently.

[sblock="Haereka"]You hear a voice inside your mind, it sound like it is reading from a script,

"So you are a Psionicist? Should this be the case we can augment one anothers powers. With contact we can use each others powers though it requires time to do so. In certain circumstances it may prove a boon."[/sblock]

hellrazor111

First Post
"While what I offer isn't money, I have a few wands and potions and other items you can choose from, and a scroll that has what I believe to be useful info." he pauses to think "And the Wyndian government may have money for you if you take care of their problem...also the road block will be gone."

"Also, you guys can stay at the inn free of charge, though my dad's not too happy about it."

Vertexx69

First Post
Grabhar 's attention is drawn back to the conversation, at the mention of goodies. "Well now we're talking young master, break out the the tools you have to help us, help you."

hellrazor111

First Post
Seifer walks up to and pops open a couple of crates that are sitting next to each other. He takes a look back at the group before pulling out about half a dozen items. He lays them on a table and says "You each can take 1 item with you as your payment."
List of items:
2 Scrolls
A purple shard, banded with mitherl on a silver chain.
A glowing black crystal
A rod made of light-blue glass
A monocle
and a hat
"I created a few of these, the others were...found in my travels."

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
"And I trust you are able to enlighten us as to their abilities? I prefer to make an informed decision." Alarrias says leaning forward with interest.

hellrazor111

First Post
"OK, well the scrolls, one is of energy immunity, the other is chain lightning. The pendant is a Spell Shard of Magic Missile. The glowing crystal is a lesser life drinking crystal. The rod is one of frost. The hat is the Hat of Disguise, and the monocle is an Artificers Monocle." He explains while pointing to each object.

Halford

First Post
"Ah, well in that case I shall take the Artificer's Monacle, if my colleagues have no objections." Alariass says pocketing the monacle with great care.

"Out of curiosity are the scrolls arcane or divine in origin?"

OOC: Alariass is always going to want to know if scrolls are arcane or divine, fyi.

Vertexx69

First Post
The Spearman bends down and deftly scoups up the hat. He pushes back the deep green hood that has been cloaking most of his head in shadow, but now his pointed ears and ornately braided blonde dreadlocks stand out as quite striking, as it contrasts wonderfully with the deeply tanned skin of his smooth face.

He places the hat over the mass of tangles, and a cascade of golden strait hair replaces it, along with his ears becoming rounded and his wings seeming to vanish alltogether. The hat itself morphs into a delicately long black feather that is woven into his new hair just behind the ear. He also seems to shrink over half a foot in height, making him blend in with the party quite a bit better. "Hows it look? It sets pretty cunning don't cha think?" His clothes slowly morph as well into lustrous golden robes that give him all the bearing of a nobleman, except for the large silver spear in his other hand of course. Then the haft of the spear too seems to turn golden even as this happens, delicate runes and scribing trace goregeous patterns out from the strong hand that grasps it in the middle until it reaches the ends. "Mmm it seems that the hat is the last piece of the set I have been cobbling together over the years..." Grabhar looks as if hes trying very hard to contain is pleasure at the choice of payment that their youthful host has offered him. "Well then, it seems we have struck an accord young master. Your were-problem will soon be at an end. I shall meet you all in the morning then, as I have some other 'business' to attend to."

As he turns to head out the door, his clothing and spear turn black, as his hair returns to its original configuration and his wings are present once more. He looks back over his shoulder and gives the ladies present each a flirtatious nod and then disappears into the night in a whirl of wingbeats.

Remove ads