Deluxe Dungeon Master's Screen: It Lives!

The Deluxe Dungeon Master's Screen from WotC (as opposed to the largely unpopular Tyranny of Dragons one from Gale Force 9) is due out this month. WotC's Trevor Kidd returned to the office after the holiday break, and provided this photo which shows that the screen exists and is ready for lift-off! Plus, a shot of the interior!

The Deluxe Dungeon Master's Screen from WotC (as opposed to the largely unpopular Tyranny of Dragons one from Gale Force 9) is due out this month. WotC's Trevor Kidd returned to the office after the holiday break, and provided this photo which shows that the screen exists and is ready for lift-off! Plus, a shot of the interior!

Priced at $14.95 and releasing on January 20th -- "Manage your campaign with this indispensable Dungeon Master accessory for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. The red dragon Thraxata the Flamefiend and her kobold minions confront a party of intrepid adventurers, who protect their ranger as she attempts to finish the fight by using a legendary arrow of dragon slaying meant specifically for this red wyrm. This durable, four-panel Deluxe Dungeon Master’s Screen, lavishly adorned with illustrations inside and out, will enchant and inspire players and the Dungeon Master. Its landscape design allows the Dungeon Master to easily see beyond and reach over the screen, even as it keeps die rolls and notes hidden from players. Tables inside provide essential support for the three pillars of play–combat, exploration, and interaction–to Dungeon Masters of all skill levels."

For more D&D schedule information, look right here.

dms.jpg

2014-11-07-13.53.18.jpg

Photo from dicejockey.com

dmscreen.jpg

Photo by Luke Niedner

Hollow Man

Explorer
Even though I recently got myself a mini screen from Hammerdog Games, I ordered this one from Amazon since it was only $7 and change after a 25% book coupon code that was posted here in December. The cover seems nice, if nothing else!

-HM

I did a Google image search and turned up an interior shot here:

http://www.dicejockey.com/2014/11/gamehole-con-day-1/

I'll be honest, I was hoping for more content on the inside. This image doesn't show the whole thing, but there's too much unused space and I'm not seeing many of the tables I'd hoped for. The art is gorgeous, but I'd like something with a bit more utility. I've seen fan-made 5E DM screens do it better, tbh.

(I do like the "Something Happens!" table in that shot a lot, though.)

Tormyr

Hero
I did a Google image search and turned up an interior shot here:

http://www.dicejockey.com/2014/11/gamehole-con-day-1/

I'll be honest, I was hoping for more content on the inside. This image doesn't show the whole thing, but there's too much unused space and I'm not seeing many of the tables I'd hoped for. The art is gorgeous, but I'd like something with a bit more utility. I've seen fan-made 5E DM screens do it better, tbh.

(I do like the "Something Happens!" table in that shot a lot, though.)

Seems like it has a lot more content than the GF9 one though. In the end, I may just clip printouts to the interior, but this one seems much more along the lines of what I was looking for.

Seems like it has a lot more content than the GF9 one though. In the end, I may just clip printouts to the interior, but this one seems much more along the lines of what I was looking for.

Yeah, it's under $10 on Amazon so it's likely that is the route I'll take with it... I'm hoping there's more to it off camera, but worst case scenario I'll tape my own version over the inside.

pukunui

Legend
That doesn't look too bad. Is it meant to have a third panel off to the left? Or is it just two panels? I think they could've dead some space by condensing the conditions, instead of just putting the entire page from the PHB, complete with illustrations, on there.

I like the Something Happens table too!

Tormyr

Hero
That doesn't look too bad. Is it meant to have a third panel off to the left? Or is it just two panels? I think they could've dead some space by condensing the conditions, instead of just putting the entire page from the PHB, complete with illustrations, on there.

I like the Something Happens table too!

Hard to tell from the picture, but I think it is a 4 panel screen. There is a wobble on the top and bottom edge in line with the halfling's head. Of course, that could be more my hope speaking.

Yeah, it's under $10 on Amazon so it's likely that is the route I'll take with it... I'm hoping there's more to it off camera, but worst case scenario I'll tape my own version over the inside.
Looks like we're seeing two of the four panels. The first panel (on the left) looks like it has the rest the conditions and *maybe* another column, and the last panel (on the right) likely also has a couple columns.

But we have cover, obscurement, light, encounter distance, conditions, travel pace, skills, damage, and DCs.
As for what else is needed... Well, movement modifiers would be good, as would a list of actions. Like in DMDavid's sheet (linked above). That's a column. So there's a whole extra panel that'll have even more.

Remove ads

Remove ads