D&D 5E Demon race.

dwayne

Adventurer
Thanks for all the feed back, and upon review i have decided to keep this as a DM tool to make demon races and put in the game, also adding more random back ground things as well for cultural customs and such to the mix. And to clarify, Nephilim are the offspring of devils/celestials whichh are lawful evil/lawful good in this game they are the same race only difference is the out look and choice of alignment. So Tiefling for a darker bent or aasimar for those of a more lighter one. So one spawned by a devil may have a pale skin tone black hair and dark eyes even slight horns and the other and almost angelic quality about them with fine features almost an androgynous aspect to them. Seeing as they are not totally devil or celestial and half of them human they have free will and are able to decide what path to follow or may chose nether and stand the middle ground between the two side of the coin that is fate. Any way i am trying to get a group together online to play the setting so anyone interested here is the facebook group Log into Facebook | Facebook

Last edited:

Quartz

Hero
Far too complex and some of the special abilities are far too powerful for a PC. Plus there's already a tiefling race in the PHB.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I wrote up a thread "Tiefling Variants" pre- Sword Coast Adventurers Guide which was a pretty literal copying off the PHB Tiefling but with different themes (acid damage, son of a succubus, others). It might give you a 'floor' for racial abilities. Search EnWorld for the quoted title, you should be able to find it

Iry

Hero
I got a car ad. Clearly I need to be feeding the bots better metadata.
That's the thing. It wasn't sexy pajamas either, more like flannel and sweatpants. I don't even know what I did to get that.

But it made a hilarious picture for 'Tiefling Variants'.

dwayne

Adventurer
Far too complex and some of the special abilities are far too powerful for a PC. Plus there's already a tiefling race in the PHB.

Which ones? and also this was for a modern world were a person could use a rocket launcher so a special magical ability is nothing with werewolfs who can bench press a car and rip the door off and beat you to death with it. But i will look it over, but there was many abilities i had taken off, also all of these were abilities i had found for the D&D game for ether Tiefling or mutations from an official ish source.

dwayne

Adventurer
I wrote up a thread "Tiefling Variants" pre- Sword Coast Adventurers Guide which was a pretty literal copying off the PHB Tiefling but with different themes (acid damage, son of a succubus, others). It might give you a 'floor' for racial abilities. Search EnWorld for the quoted title, you should be able to find it

I think i used part of that, did it have them based off different demon lords? if so yes i took the idea and expanded upon it for gaining a spell at levels.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I think i used part of that, did it have them based off different demon lords? if so yes i took the idea and expanded upon it for gaining a spell at levels.
Not based on Demon Lords (but I mentioned Orcus for the undead / necrotic theme). I took the different types of damage, and Wizardry schools, for inspiration. Since Xanathar came out I created but have not posted a 'monster within' physical attack theme.
I really should update that. The Elemental spells would make good themes too.

dwayne

Adventurer
Not based on Demon Lords (but I mentioned Orcus for the undead / necrotic theme). I took the different types of damage, and Wizardry schools, for inspiration. Since Xanathar came out I created but have not posted a 'monster within' physical attack theme.
I really should update that. The Elemental spells would make good themes too.

Well i based it off one o saw which was using the demon lords as a way to give variation to the race, i had seen it around and i think it was an unearthed arcana or might be confused on that one. Mostly it stared to give variation and a way to randomly create a demon of the week sort of thing, like on buffy and angel and such. Still no one stated what powers where too much, and also the special ones all have draw backs to them which are also randomly chosen. The key here is randomness no one is to cherry pick any of the abilities, that could lead to an unbalance.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases