• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity--Preface: Vasha's Discovery, Part II

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha slowly heads over to the bed and has a seat. She smiles as Puddles walks over to great her. "You're safe now Niilaa, you're both safe."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I'm glad--Thank you Vasha!"

"We aren't safe yet, Niilaa. We've been captured by a cruel Dragonlord, and we're never going to be able to leave."

"But...but I thought they said I was free now?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"He's right, for a time at least, you'll have to stay here. Zythryd's been declaired an enemy of the state, and Alyz can only shelter him, and you, here. But you've not been captured. Zythryd, please, give her a chance, and trust me."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Because she's never lied to me about it. Zythryd, dear, tell me. If you were to go back to the Dragonlords again, to be tortured, worse than you were before, till you were forced to betray everything and everyone you loved, and then be forced to watch it be destroyed, would you not rather I kill you now? If it were me being taken, would you not kill me so I did not have to endure that?"

"I do not envy her position, and I don't know if I could do it, but I understand why she did it. It was the ultimate sacrifice of love."

"So, please dear Zythryd, let it go, at least for now, you should be happy that Niilaa is safe."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Vasha...I don't think I would be able to kill you, even then...Is that what she told you? I guess it explains that, but how does that explain any of the other evil things she's done?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Alyz has been forced by her place to choose the lesser of two evils through out her life. As a result, she's hated by everyone, even those who she would call friend. Those she loves often have to meet her as someone else before they can get to know the real her. I know her and love her as Alyz, a name she prefers I'm sure because it doesn't reminder her of the awful things she's had to do, but of the good things she's tried to do. But she has done more for Arris than most, and she shall probably be persicuted by those who she would seek to help."

A tear rolls down her cheak. "I feel so sorry for her, traped between worlds. Zythryd, all I ask is some compassion and consideration. Give her a chance to prove herself, and get to know the real woman before you judge her. I think you will find that she's a wonderful woman."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If it is as you say, then she has chosen a sad lot for herself indeed...Vasha, I'll try to give her a chance to get to know her, but you have to promise me that you'll be cautious of the fact that she could be just making this all up to trick you. Don't trust her too much, or she could betray it...okay?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Zythryd, if she were to choose to betray us, the Jhyram Arris would be lost forever. But it's still near, I can feel it. I will be cautious, but please, just be considerate of her and her feelings. Besides, if she is going to betray us, do you realy want to irk her by calling her names?" Vasha giggles weakly.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Truth be told, part of the reason for that was to see if I could get her to show her true nature and lash out at me so that you would be safe, but she didn't...And I wouldn't count on the Jhyram Arris being safe. Now that I think of it, that's the perfect reason for her to need to befriend you...Even so, I promise to be nicer now, though I'm never going to drop my guard with her, not even for a second."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads