• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Three on the Boat

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

[SBLOCK=Rystil]“Hmm, I don’t suppose there’s any way I can convince you that everyone here is just treating you as an equal, one of the crew. You’re receiving no special treatment, except perhaps people trying to change your manner from that of a slave to that of a free woman...a woman who can have friends, who can live her own life amongst others with her head held high.”

“There, you have proved to me that your master really did love you...many a greedy master may have taken you with him, but he wished you to live beyond him, and obviously thought you were fit to live as a free woman, a woman who could make a contribution of her own. You would not wish to dishonour his memory by working against his final wishes would you?”
Tiberius asks carefully.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Tiberius]"I am and always will be inferior, milord. It is my nature to be intrinsically inferior, especially to magnificent High Praetors such as yourself, milord."

"Master was too lenient with me...he excused my inferiority and failure with kindness, even though it was not right, but even so, I can never be truly happy without someone to serve..."[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

[SBLOCK=Rystil]“If you feel that must be so Creusa, then that is your decision, but I do not see it so myself. You are no longer a slave, and while many High Praetors use their rank to treat the common man or woman as an inferior, I am not one of them, and I imagine it was the same for your master.”

“Hmm, you serve the captain here, but I sense that is not enough for you Creusa...which is fortunate as I came to ask you to prepare a special meal for me tomorrow. What dishes are you the most skilled at creating, as I would sample them if you have the requisite items to prepare them available?”
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Tiberius]"But I am inferior, milord. The High Praetors are both physically and intellectually superior to me, and that is why it is best for me to serve and them to make the decisions, milord."

"Oh, you would like me to make something for you, milord?" Creusa's face brightens up just a little, recovering from her experience with Kallithyia, "I would be honoured! I know how to cook a variety of dishes, though considering my specialties and the provisions we currently have at hand, something with cheese and perhaps some wine may be best--though if there's something you want that we do not have, milord, simply tell me and I will endeavour to pick it up at our stop halfway to Meridian."[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

[SBLOCK=Rystil]“If you say so Creusa, though not everyone is created equal, even among the High Praetors. I know there are High Praetors that are both stronger and weaker than I, and there are those that are of lesser or greater intellect than I too. You may be surprised to find exactly where you belong if you just take the time to examine your own abilities to their fullest extent...”

“Well I would like to try one of your specialities, and something with chesse and wine would be very nice...I don’t often have access to such rich fare, especially on campaign. I’ll leave the decision of what exactly it will be in your hands...you can surprise me tomorrow at dinner!”
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Tiberius]"I belong as a servant to the masters, milord. It would take horrendous physical and mental defects for a High Praetor to be as worthless as I."

"I would be delighted to make you something, my lord. I will have it ready for you tomorrow at your dinner, absolutely, milord."[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

[SBLOCK=Rystil]“I will accept that then Creusa, if that is the role you wish to have for yourself, though I’m not sure I believe you belong in such a position. Whatever else you say though Creusa you are definitely not worthless, and I don’t wish to hear such talk again.”

“Thank you Creusa, I look forward to it. Hmm, if I find your cooking to my taste perhaps we could discuss a change of position for you...from ships cook to my personal cook when I leave the ship...if you would like that.”
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Tiberius]"Yes, my lord. As you say, my lord."

"You would want me, my lord?" Creusa looks somewhat excited, "My greatest desire is to serve the High Praetors, my lord."[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

[SBLOCK=Rystil]“Certainly Creusa, why would I not want you if your culinary skills are to my liking?”[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads