• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Wedding Bells a'Ringing

Rystil Arden

First Post
D20Dazza said:
"I have found dear Orin, oh I do hope you don't mind the appelation?" she says as she takes a long, slow sip from her drink. Without waiting for a reply she continues "that most women are tedius and vapid and spend far too much time with their heads up their own arses" she grins and winks, gifting Orin with a deep, throaty laugh "I but jest dearest Orin, some of my best friends are women". El inches a little closer to the elegantly dressed men "So Orin" she purrs "Exactly what do you like to hunt?"
"Well, I don't know if I would call them tedious, per se. And there are many women who are just wonderful. Take Lynestra, for instance. She isn't overwhelming like her sister, but she's still extraordinarily beautiful, and smart, and funny, you know? And I've never heard her complain about hunting. Usually levirate marriage seems disgusting, but I guess it wouldn't be so bad for me...I'm lucky that way," Orin ponders.

"Well, deer are kind of standard, but boars are definitely interesting, or larger animals where they can be found. Animals that are better able to put up a fight, ot fleeter of foot, or craftier, all three of those sorts are the best, as they lead to three different sorts of exciting chases that all use different parts of your brain and your athletic skills. Hunting really is the thinking man's sport. In any other sport, your opponent is only playing to win, and they may not be motivated enough to force you to really get a good exercise. But in hunting, they are striving for their life, giving it their all. And you know that this is the angels' way of urging you to give it your all as well, to not let the animal's sacrifice be in vain and to learn from each hunt something new. In some ways, hunting is a transcendental experience."

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Rystil Arden said:
"Bah, you know you're just making some people afraid of you by hiding like that--though of course that may be your intention. Still, some political and economic analysts are always puzzling over the strategy of the Praetorian war machine and whether it is inevitable that it will break the treaty in a surprise attack to expand into the other Known Spheres."

"My kingdom? Well, Lacadia is a small and peaceful kingdom on Tymadeau, marked for its contacts with traders from the Lyradar Sphere and Eldiz. Dolathi aren't too uncommon in the kingdom, though they aren't very common either, and Rowaini or Dolathi, all inhabitants of either race consider each other as equals and of the same race, like the Lyradar Sphere actually. Culturally, we're pretty much stereotypical Rowaini, though with more of an eye to the sky than most."
“Well, I’ll pass that observation along...though you understand, I can neither confirm nor deny our intentions,” Tiberius says with a grin. “Dolathi? That’s interesting. I didn’t realise they’d made the move to Tymadeau in such numbers...though I suppose it only makes sense with the trade between your realms. It also explains why your people have more of an eye to the sky than most Rowaini. So, I assume that’s your brother over there,” he says, nodding towards Plydek.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, well, Dolathi aren't really that common in most kingdoms. Many places they are forced to be registered and wear identifying marks and such and not treated the same, and Dolathi prefer being free to mingle, so they wind up hiding out. In Lacadia, and it's actually done fairly similarly here in the Lyradar Sphere as well, we treat everyone as equals, as Rowaini. The Dolathi are just Rowaini who are gifted with a special power, in our eyes. This has led to a great deal of cultural assimilation but also aided us in economic expansion, though I will admit that our most recent political expansion brought about by my father is tenuous at best--in fact, though it brings us a tie to a good economic trading partner, we may well be in trouble once this marriage is over and through with. It's a somewhat complicated situation, but I think I understand it."

"Yes, that's my brother Plydek over there. Oh, you know, you still didn't say anything about your home."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ferris D’Elchant, male Sacra

Aerope Atreides said:
"Hi there. I'm Aerope Atreides. Are you a Knight, good sir? I see you are wearing shining armour, and let me say that it suits you splendidly."
"Indeed, I am, mi'lady," Ferris replied with a deep bow. "I am Ferris D'Elchant, a champion of Sacra. May I be so forward to say that while my armor may be shining, mi'lady, it does pale in comparison to your beauty. It is certainly a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Ferris straightened from his bow, and turned to pay more attention to Aerope as less to the others.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
"Indeed, I am, mi'lady," Ferris replied with a deep bow. "I am Ferris D'Elchant, a champion of Sacra. May I be so forward to say that while my armor may be shining, mi'lady, it does pale in comparison to your beauty. It is certainly a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Ferris straightened from his bow, and turned to pay more attention to Aerope as less to the others.
"Elchanted," Aerope laughs at the almost pun, "What a beautiful last name, Ferris, and may I say it suits you well. So, you're a Sacra? I hear over there the women are in charge, yes? In that case, I do hope you enjoy yourself while you're here."

"You know, Rowaini women have had centuries to perfect the art of pleasing our men, and we nobles most of all,"
she purrs, running her hand down his cheek.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ferris D'Elchant, male Sacra

Aerope Atreides said:
"Elchanted," Aerope laughs at the almost pun, "What a beautiful last name, Ferris, and may I say it suits you well. So, you're a Sacra? I hear over there the women are in charge, yes? In that case, I do hope you enjoy yourself while you're here. You know, Rowaini women have had centuries to perfect the art of pleasing our men, and we nobles most of all," she purrs, running her hand down his cheek.

"Indeed, they are, mi'lady," Ferris agreed, enjoying the company of this dark beauty. [COLOR=#eeooff]"Mi'lady, are you suggesting that I enjoy myself by exploring the opportunities of being in charge in certain . . . situations while I am here? Or perhaps I should enjoy myself by showing some lucky woman the years of study, training, and experience I have had in order to please the women who are in charge in my homeland?" [/COLOR]

Ferris's eyes were half-lidded for a moment as he enjoyed the touch of her hand, his face coloring lightly at the touch.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
"Indeed, they are, mi'lady," Ferris agreed, enjoying the company of this dark beauty. [COLOR=#eeooff]"Mi'lady, are you suggesting that I enjoy myself by exploring the opportunities of being in charge in certain . . . situations while I am here? Or perhaps I should enjoy myself by showing some lucky woman the years of study, training, and experience I have had in order to please the women who are in charge in my homeland?" [/COLOR]

Ferris's eyes were half-lidded for a moment as he enjoyed the touch of her hand, his face coloring lightly at the touch.
"Why can't it be both?" she raises an eyebrow invitingly, smiling as his face colours slightly.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I Googled it and apparently SHEE is more common by far, though SHAY exists too. It's probably a Gaelic vs Modern Irish difference. You should have seen at Gencon when someone who knew modern Irish didn't like my old Celtic pronunciations :lol: )

"Well, I think you've sold it to me, fair lady. I'm officially adding Amaranthia to my vacation list right away. Any more vacation advice?"
"Arris is a magificent place, though I can't say much about vacationing there. Still, it is my home, and I love it so."

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

Rystil Arden said:
"Yes, well, Dolathi aren't really that common in most kingdoms. Many places they are forced to be registered and wear identifying marks and such and not treated the same, and Dolathi prefer being free to mingle, so they wind up hiding out. In Lacadia, and it's actually done fairly similarly here in the Lyradar Sphere as well, we treat everyone as equals, as Rowaini. The Dolathi are just Rowaini who are gifted with a special power, in our eyes. This has led to a great deal of cultural assimilation but also aided us in economic expansion, though I will admit that our most recent political expansion brought about by my father is tenuous at best--in fact, though it brings us a tie to a good economic trading partner, we may well be in trouble once this marriage is over and through with. It's a somewhat complicated situation, but I think I understand it."

"Yes, that's my brother Plydek over there. Oh, you know, you still didn't say anything about your home."
“That sounds a rather equitable solution you’ve come up with, though I can understand some other kingdoms wanting to know who the Dolathi are. Yes, the situation does sounds rather complicated, especially with its links to the wedding and such...perhaps you can explain it?”

“Yes, I have been a bit reticent, haven’t I. Well, we don’t inherit titles from our parents in the Empire, and when I was talking with your father before, he said the military was something second or third sons usually entered. Which is why I asked about Plydek, as I was wondering, if either of you are next in line for the throne, what a first son does in a society where title in inherited? You see, all High Praetor males serve in the military after attending the academy, well unless they want to be considered less than a man, as it’s considered a mark of shame, cowardice, and dishonour, for them not to do so. Also, High Praetor females are given the option to attend the academy, though it’s not mandatory, and like the males, if they do attend they must serve in the military.”

Remove ads