Disney to buy Marvel!

RichCsigs

First Post
I firmly believe Disney was interested in: new movie properties, new television properties, new theme park attractions and maybe even the "motion comic" stuff. I really think they could care less about the actual comic product.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
My guess is the biggest change that will come from this is that Diamond Distributors will take a serious hit. Marvel will probably publish through Harper, with more exposure to book markets at the Disney chain of stores, and Diamond will lose it's monopoly on comics distribution.

Which is a good thing for folks who buy and read comics.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
This news troubles me greatly....
Disney can be good, and was in the past. Now-adays when I think of Disney, I think of Eisner and the Disney channel... *shudder*

coyote6

Adventurer
Pixar movies take a long time to make (I think Up started in 2004, at least the writing), so maybe the dreadful Disney impact is still coming. ;)

Taelorn76

First Post
Doesn't Marvell have their characters licensed out to Universal Studios?

Wonder how this deal would effect that? Are we going to see a Disney Marvell theme park in the future?

Klaus

First Post
Doesn't Marvell have their characters licensed out to Universal Studios?

Wonder how this deal would effect that? Are we going to see a Disney Marvell theme park in the future?
The Universal Theme Park contract grants them exclusivity east of the Mississipi. So maybe you'll get Marvel rides in Disneyland.

As for Disney/Pixar: even when Pixar was independent, they already followed a style and tone similar to Disney's, so it's really easy for Disney to let Pixar do their own thing.

Remove ads