D&D General Do you play D&D (or other RPGs) with your family?

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Back in Middle School and High School I used to play 3rd Edition D&D with my brother a lot. Since then, I've only played with friends.

My wife and I are about to have a baby (October 13!), and I've got to imagine that within the next eight years we will be playing D&D together.

Do you play D&D with your family?

Musing Mage

Pondering D&D stuff
I introduced my niece to it 8 yrs ago in her late teens, she’s still with the group.

Aside from that, not so much. Most of my family isn’t into any sort of gaming. Blasted killjoys! 🤬

Oofta

Legend
Yes. We introduced neices and nephews (both sides) to the game, and had a couple of games with my brother in law.

We currently have a game with most of my nephews their significant others and, much to my surprise, my sister. Everybody's an adult now and busy, it gives us an excuse to get together once a month.

Retreater

Legend
My wife and her brother play in my game regularly. I have run once for my father-in-law to try it. Also, my sister and my nephew have played games with me a while back.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I first met my wife when she came to make a character for the D&D game I was starting up. So, yeah, I play D&D with my family. We don't have kids, though.
So cute!

A group I play in records and puts out their games as a podcast. At an event, a woman recognized one of the player's voices. She started playing with our group, soon entered a relationship with one of the players, and it's been going strong ever since.

D&D is a powerful game! 😍

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
So cute!

A group I play in records and puts out their games as a podcast. At an event, a woman recognized one of the player's voices. She started playing with our group, soon entered a relationship with one of the players, and it's been going strong ever since.

D&D is a powerful game! 😍
Just to be the bucket of cold water, but it doesn't have any more explanatory power than any other shared group hobby -- people meeting people doing activities they both like is the key, not that D&D has any special power in this regard.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
There were a few years there during which I ran D&D and 13th Age for my kids and their friends - and my wife even played once! I was working from home and watching friends' kids after school, so it was a way to introduce some kids to the hobby and another way to keep them occupied. Just recently I ran D&D for my kids and their cousins, during vacation. My DMing confidence is even lower than usual these days, so during the latter I was anxious the whole time. Ugh.

Remove ads