• No

Votes: 122 53.3%
  • Maybe? I could me convinced.

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • Lemon

Votes: 4 1.7%

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Agreed. The problem is that people can create a YT instructional video with zero preparation and zero post-production editing. And they usually do.

If they actually scripted them, edited them, and then create a timestamp index I would not be so opposed to them. But the whole stream of consciousness recording is horrible.
Way to cut people trying to be helpful some slack!

Way to cut people trying to be helpful some slack!
Thanks for trying to help pull my car out of the mud. Now I can go get the $30k in damage you did repaired because you didn't know what you were doing. Appreciate the thought though.

Criticism is a good thing. Without it people don't learn. If we continue to watch and click bait poorly done instructional videos without providing feedback that they are poorly done, then we are part of the problem.

Take any social issue, change happens because people are not afraid to speak up about it. Even little things like instructional videos and how poor they are should be talked about or else they will not get better.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Thanks for trying to help pull my car out of the mud. Now I can go get the $30k in damage you did repaired because you didn't know what you were doing. Appreciate the thought though.

Criticism is a good thing. Without it people don't learn. If we continue to watch and click bait poorly done instructional videos without providing feedback that they are poorly done, then we are part of the problem.

Take any social issue, change happens because people are not afraid to speak up about it. Even little things like instructional videos and how poor they are should be talked about or else they will not get better.
Terrible analogies. Awful. This isn't a social issue. It isn't doing any damage to anything. It's random people trying to be helpful in their spare time. You didn't talk about them politely at all.

Terrible analogies. Awful. This isn't a social issue. It isn't doing any damage to anything. It's random people trying to be helpful in their spare time. You didn't talk about them politely at all.
Agreed that my analogies were bad. But that's not important and going further along that route is useless.

So, you would rather people not comment on the usefulness or quality of instructional videos because...? It's not polite? What did I say that was not polite?

Do you equate criticism with not being polite? Do you think criticism is bad?

Even more importantly, is the criticism that @Hussar and myself made wrong?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I took Hussar to be talking about WotC having good instructions, not a random person posting a five minute video pointing out a trick or two they picked up.

Feel free to criticize, I'm providing you feedback about your criticism. You can disagree, but I appreciate that random people post videos out of kindness.

Oofta

Legend
For those thinking building in 3d is going to be a real challenge, it is actually quite easy to build in the video game Solasta......Frankly, if I could figure out how to use that to run games as a DM and players (and they had smaller rooms), I'd use it that way.
A VTT written from the ground up to be 3D should not be that big of a challenge nowadays. Technology has come a long ways over the past decade or so.

The advantage that WOTC's VTT will have is that it's not being built on a shoestring budget with 3D as an afterthought. Hopefully. :)

Hussar

Legend

No it isn’t always “random” people. It’s very often employees of the company that has produced the product and figures that a series of videos is an acceptable replacement for actual technical writing.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
No it isn’t always “random” people. It’s very often employees of the company that has produced the product and figures that a series of videos is an acceptable replacement for actual technical writing.
Clearly I'm talking about the random people. Of course product support should be scripted. Perhaps we are talking past each other a bit.

Remove ads