• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do your Enworld name and avatar reflect who you are?

WizarDru

Adventurer
My name is a nickname I've had since high school, lo those many years ago. My avatar was static for a couple of years...and then I decided it was time for a change. And now I've changed it again? Why, you may ask?

Because EVERYBODY loves Magical Trevor. :D

DarkMaster

First Post
Not at all, just an old nickname I started to use on a BBS game, Red Dragon or something like, that and I stuck with it. As for the Avatar I felt that Mask avatar fitted with the handled, I actually wanted the Wizard's face on the cover of the 1st edition DMG but was too lazy to do it. But since I saw a few people with it, so I should find another cloacked wizard somewhere else.

But it has nothing to do with my personality, I am not dark/evil/mysterious persons, just a simple guy who enjoy DMing and RPG.

DarkMaster

First Post
Not at all, just an old nickname I started to use on a BBS game, Red Dragon or something like, that and I stuck with it. As for the Avatar I felt that Mask avatar fitted with the handled, I actually wanted the Wizard's face on the cover of the 1st edition DMG but was too lazy to do it. But since I saw a few people with it, so I should find another cloacked wizard somewhere else.

But it has nothing to do with my personality, I am not dark/evil/mysterious persons, just a simple guy who enjoy DMing and RPG.

The_Universe

First Post
My real name is Tad Ghostal, and yes, my avatar is a picture of me. I post on the messageboards when I'm not hosting my marginally famous late night talk show, or blowing up the hoover dam.

Heh.

The name is a reference to what I call myself when I DM. Dungeon Master always sounded like some weird S&M term to me, and Game Master always seems somehow...juvenile. Referee tends to imply sporting events, so I settled on "The Universe" since it works for any setting/game. I represent to players the entirety of the Universe, other than themselves, so why not just use that?

Also, I may have slight delusions of grandeur. But I am aware that they exist, and thus try to rein them in whenever possible.

As for the avatar, I like Space Ghost, and since he lives in space, it sort of represents the Universe.

Also, IRL, I wear white tights, a yellow cape, and power bands.

the Jester

Legend
I've been the Jester since the late 80's (in the days of the BBSes) and always kept the name. Heck, I have some friends from back in the day who prolly don't remember me as James at all, just as Jester. :) It connects to a lot of my old music (early Marillion).

My avatar is Maggie, one of my ex-pugs. :( My ex kept them in the breakup, but I love my dogs and I get visitation. (We have another one, too, Chato; I just made a new rpg character and named him Chato Shovelhead after the pug.) I doubt whether I'll change my avatar since it's such a damn fine pic.

So yeah, both the name and the avatar relate to me heavily.

Flobby

Explorer
Although I am not fat, I do my best to drink myself into a stupper daily, so I guess the answer is yes. The name is Hungerian for "lovely jacket," which I do believe speaks for itself...

Xael

First Post
Not really. Xael is the name of one of my characters (Chaotic Neutral badass drow wizard), and the avatar is a picture of the cutest manga character ever (IMHO). And I like cute stuff. But I'm not cute myself, and I'm a guy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads