• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do your Enworld name and avatar reflect who you are?

Turanil

First Post
As I am on these boards almost everyday, I eventually came to know the other Enworlders as a combination of avatar/name, sometimes associated with what they say if it tends to be frequent and similar (like Diaglo for example :D ). Due to the fact that most of us use weird names, and drawings for avatars, such impressions can of course only be extremely far from the RL persons. Nonetheless, I like to think that persons such as Teflon Billy or Buttercup look more real than others. But then, others I can't determine if their avatar is a photo of who they are, or if it is a pic from a movie (like Umbran for example). And lastly, I feel really disturbed when someone changes of Avatar. It took me weeks to get used to the new avatar of Psion, and now it's Akrasia and Gez turns... :confused:

So I would like to hear your comments on how you chosed your name and avatar, if you think it reflects who you are in some way, or if you like the way it makes you appear as a virtual person, etc. (By the way, I would also like to know how people perceive me with my scrawny alien pic, lunar name, perpetual attemps at poor humor, love of political incorrectness, and my far away provenance...) :cool:

Last edited:

randomling

First Post
Hmm.

I'm a pretty chaotic person, and I like surreal comedy and silly games, so the name randomling seemed to suit me eminently well. It started off as randomite, but somebody (I think it was Tallarn) started calling me randomling on these boards, and the name stuck. So I got my name tweaked a bit. Good thing too - Randomite's House sounds kinda... weird. :)

Avatar - I'm a compulsive wearer of hats. And somewhere along the line I picked up the nickname Wombat Girl. It's a long story. :) So a wombat in a hat as an avatar was perfect. At the time I didn't have any photo-manipulation software and couldn't upload from the campus computers, so Horacio and Darkness sorted out the wombat photograph for me. A few weeks later, seasong added the hat. Call it a community effort.

And that's me. :D

hero4hire

Explorer
The name definitely reflects me, my job, my love for comics and hero games.
The icon...well thats nothing like me, just someone I thought was cool as a kid. Kudos to those who can id him from the pic and not from the name of the file. :)

Last edited:

The name mostly reflects me...well, sort of. Bah, I just liked it and wanted a good Pratchett reference. :D
Though my avatar IS fairly accurate. Except I've cut my hair now so I need to hack off the long parts...

MonsterMash

First Post
The name is just one that I started off with at the Necromancer Games boards and I prefer to keep the same alias at most related sites for simplicity when I need to log in. I can't actually be bothered to find an avatar that suits me.

Raging Epistaxis

First Post
Does my name and avatar reflect me?

Nah, not really, other than a rather twisted sense of humor.

On those rare occasions when I actually post, I do use the same pseudonym and avatar around the web, just for consistency.

The name goes back to the third or fourth character I made for an online game called Avatar back in '90 or so - I kept dying horrible deaths - thus constant bleeding became Raging Epistaxis.

The avatar pic itself is from a miniature I painted a few years later - I liked the comic relief potential of a Holstein Minotaur. One usually thinks of minotaurs in the more usual browns or black (Angus, etc - meat breeds), but the thought of a dairy cow minotaur made me chuckle. The black spotted white of a Holstein is pretty universally associated with dairy and visually very distinctive, so that pretty much decided his colors.

The one detail I like the most about that miniature is not really visible on the avatar - He's got a tiger pelt loincloth. Pretty tough dude to take out a tiger with his fists...

Again, little correlation to me. :heh:

R E

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads