Dockside Diversion/Still Waters

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric watches the exchange with Zelena and he comments aside to the two mages, "Tis not often the lass needs my help with the silver-tongued words."

With a grinning smirk he calls over to Zelena, "Lass, here are some logical points you can address. He will have to pay more money in cleric fees instead if I take to bending his arms the wrong way."

"Or I can mistake him for pickpocket and introduce him to my mageslayer."

As usual, his banter and crude words are not so diplomatic and the halfling just gives him a look that says he doesn't find the fighter's words amusing in the least.

Borric mutters, "Maybe we just need to bribe the fookin' bastard. Gods be damned shakedown by the looks of things."

Diplomacy Aid Another (1d20-1=6)
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Feeling jaunty

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Songdragon

Explorer
(( Hmmm... a 20 diplomacy does not go as far as it used to... :D))

Zelena looks from the halfling to the Sekum, The gnome reaches into her new pack and instantly gomes up sieht a small bag of coins, "Perhaps this will help..." (50g)

She looks to Borric with a nod, "Thanks..."

Gerald007

First Post
"Nice try, Borric. You almost had him swayed I think," Syl laughed at the effort put forth by the warrior. "We gotta remember to get our girl reimbursed," he says to the two in a low whisper.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Peddleport looks like he is about to snap off a reply to Borric when he hears the jingle of coin from Zelena and clips off his words before getting started. He quickly tucks the small bag inside his coat revealing briefly that it is lined or at least trimmed with assorted bird feathers.

Looking again at his waxed board he rubs his thumb through a couple of the marks obliterating them with the heat and pressure and shows it to Sekmun.

"Ah, yes. Seems I made a mistake here. Easily fixed, easily fixed. How does this look, Master Sekmun?" Sekmun snorts and gives the tax payment to Peddleport who tucks it away as well. "A pleasure doing business with you and may your journey be a success." He inclines his head in farewell and turns to head off towards the next ship.

[sblock=Diplomacy]
( Hmmm... a 20 diplomacy does not go as far as it used to... :D)

Depends on initial attitude. This is my thinking, fyi: Peddleport is unfriendly to Sekmun (and probably Borric) but is indifferent to the rest of you. Making a request of an indifferent individual is DC 15+Cha mod. of the target (he's a halfling so I gave him a minimum of +1). Zelena is essentially asking a favor from Peddleport that could get him into trouble so that adds to the DC of the request. The bribe does increase your result above what you needed.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

Borric shrugs, "Well, if the bribe didn't work, I was going to try intimidation next."

"Since the tax collector is corrupt, we should stalk him out and administer a little justice and payback, perhaps. You think he will squeal if we roll him to get our money back?"

This comment is directed as much at Sekmun when he mentions "our money" since he sort of expects the lizard to pay back Zelena for saving his arse.

AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Conditions in Effect: Feeling jaunty

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sekmun glares after the odd halfling before turning back to Zelena, Sylvain, Nathan and Borric. He stretches his mouth wide in his approximation of a human grin and pulls a small gold ring from his jawline and gives it to Zelena.

"This should cover that expense and I'm still out less than what I would have been if I had to pay the whole tax. But I would rather have roasted him until his fat sizzled than pay the bribe. Now, climb aboard your new home for the next leg of the journey. Our new captain says it'll be about two weeks before we arrive in Hruthrip."

The riverboat that Sekmun motions towards is a small keelboat, 50 feet long and 20 wide, with a crew of eight burly-looking polemen working to finish securing the last of Sekmun's cargo atop the cabin.

[sblock=OOC]13 passengers and crew aboard ship for about ten days. The captain will set four watches with two of his men each shift. If you wish to augment that, feel free, but the captain won't agree to pulling his men off shift. Sleeping quarters are nearly non-existent and a few can sleep in the cabin but some might also sleep on top the cabin. The watch sets up at either end of the boat so there's a bit of space on deck also.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnome catches the ring and stows it away in her new pack. Zelena jumps aboard and looks about... "This should prove to be... interesting." The gnome notes, most likely the only female aboard. She looks up at Boriic and then to Syl and knows that if anyone tried anything her friends would come to her aid. She chuckles to herself as she envisions Borric grabbing some lech off the boat into the river.

The gnome considers her options... "I do not suppose there is a small bit of canvas and rope about? I could make a hammock for myself." She looks about for a nice place to set herself up, "Unless we have the time to buy one."

As soon as the boat is away, "I am able to see at night, as long as I am above deck. If anyone needs to borrow a light, holler."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric changes back into his chain shirt once again for the voyage aboard ship.

He looks to Zelena, "Not to suggest sewing is woman's work, lass, but if ya are making one hammock, ya mind making another for me?"

"I picked up one of the nifty glowing stones that circle your head. Not as bright as a sunrod, but good enough for watch duty. We can pass it around during the night so everyone can use it."

"Hell, even the pooch can prolly use it."

AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Platemail
AC: 20 (17 without shield, 18 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Platemail
Conditions in Effect: Feeling jaunty, Ioun Torch (night)

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena giggles at Borric, "Yes, she could. But she can see as well as I can in the darkness of night. Not total black light in some crypt or the like, as long as there is some light, even the stars."

(( Will wait to see if Zelena could have bought a hammock. ))

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric chuckles and skirches the dog under the chin and behind the ears.

He replies to Zelena, "Celebfedhiin can stand watch with me too then. I bet his nose will be useful too if it isn't clogged with the stench of dead fish and flotsam."

The brash fighter might be crude adn rude around people, but he does have some skill with handling animals.

AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Platemail
AC: 20 (17 without shield, 18 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Chain shirt
Conditions in Effect: Feeling jaunty, Ioun Torch (night)

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads