Dockside Diversion/Still Waters

GlassEye

Adventurer
Borric doesn't totally trust the captain's assessment of the men's capability. The men are the hardworking, hard playing (though the captain keeps a tight rein on that inclination while on board) common sorts that Borric seems to get along well with, and likely capable enough in a dockside brawl, but he isn't convinced that they could handle the sorts of dangers that might arise on the Ouhm.

After a day or so Sekmun slips into a new schedule: basking in the hot sun atop the cabin during the day and vanishing into the swamp at night for a swim and a hunt.

[sblock=OOC]I'll give you a chance to make watch changes based on Borric's hunches of the men's capability if you wish. Otherwise I'll push ahead.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

OOC: It might take more than one exchange on this, GE.
After listening to the Captain and getting to know the men, Borric gathers his companions with Sekmun for the noon meal.

"I am having some second thoughts on the night watches. But, first I think we need some questions answered, Sekmun. Do you mind?"

"What are the specific potential dangers we need to worry about on the
Ouhm? Any patterns of their activity? Should we be more worried at night or during the day?"

The fighter is basically looking for a full intelligence report and threat assessment since the lizardman is freely scouting around on his own like it is his backyard.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Platemail
AC: 20 (17 without shield, 18 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Chain shirt
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Feeling jaunty, Ioun Torch (night)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: Not a problem for me, Perrin

Sekmun narrows his eyes in thought (or maybe he's dozing) then scratches lazily at the leathery hide of his belly.

"The only predators that are a threat to us on board ship are giant crabs and crocodiles. Neither of which are too likely to give us trouble as long as we're cautious. And as long as they aren't too hungry." He grins a predator's smile of his own. "Then there's the Ouhm Behemoth."

"Tall tales and superstition," pipes up the captain with a scowl towards the lizardfolk.

Sekmun shrugs. "Believe what you will, captain, but something lives in the deep channel." He thinks a moment longer before continuing. "Pirates. Boggards. Merrow. Those mostly are active at night though you could meet a pirate at any time. Night, when most predators are active, holds the biggest danger."

Songdragon

Explorer
"Sounds like great fun!" Zelena says with a grin.

(( knowledge (local) on Ouhm Behemoth 1d20+8=18 ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 2/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: none
AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
HP: 34 of 34
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +8
In Hand: nothing
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize; (1st level) Bless, Air Bubble, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 4 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Zelena reviews the legends she's heard about the so-called 'Ouhm Behemoth':

[sblock=Knowledge Local DC 10]
Just about every Ouhm riverman knows someone who has spotted the behemoth. Some say it has a long toothy maw like a crocodile, others that it is a smaller riverine relative of the dreaded sea serpent, still others that it is the manifestation of the Ouhm River's rage. The stories are consistent that it is big enough to be a threat to a boat the size of the one they currently travel upon.

[sblock=Knowledge Local DC 15]
The lizardfolk of the Ouhm claim the behemoth is a real creature. And who would know better than those who travel below the surface of the water? But then again, maybe they are just having a joke on the land-lubbers.[/sblock][/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Are there any other fairy tales we should be worried about," Syl snorts, doubting the validity of the the rumors of the Behemoth. "I'm much more worried about brigands and pirates, to be honest. I think we should 'supplement' the watches of the others sailors, just to be on the safe side. I don't know them as well as I know the group of you."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric nods to acknowledge the information. Turning to his companions, he suggests.

"Maybe we should all rest during the day, then we can stay up all night when the threat is greatest."

"We also have a visual advantage with everyone else keeping watch during the day when they can see. So even if they need to wake us, there will be time to get ready. At night, me lose that when we are off watch."

"What do you guys think?"

The fighter is also thinking that standing watch while anchored, he can probably wear his platemail since the chance of falling overboard might be less. Of course using a line-line at night might also be a good idea.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 24 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Platemail
AC: 20 (17 without shield, 18 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Chain shirt
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Feeling jaunty, Ioun Torch (night)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan shrugs.

"I like the sunshine, but I'm sure I can manage a while on an opposite shift, especially now that Zelena's shown me the right breeze to magic up to keep the bugs off."

[sblock=ooc]To clarify, Borric is suggesting that we invert our sleep schedules so that we're not taking shifts at night, but all four of us are staying up throughout the evening when the crew sleeps?[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]To clarify, Borric is suggesting that we invert our sleep schedules so that we're not taking shifts at night, but all four of us are staying up throughout the evening when the crew sleeps?[/sblock]

OOC: I think that is exactly what he is suggesting. With your mode of transportation it should work out without interfering in travel. Sekmun is doing much the same, though going off for a hunt. Metagame reason: I don't want to have to run him as an npc during any combats that might arise and he wouldn't logically avoid combat otherwise.

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: Ok. This is what I need from you all before we can continue:
1) Definitive answer on watch schedule.
2) Specific locations of characters & companions (i.e. Celebfediin)
3) Light sources. There are two lamps on either end of the cabin that can be shuttered down to 5 ft of dim light, or opened up to a full hooded lantern light. Or put out, if you choose.

Attachments

• Pirate1.jpg
    Pirate1.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 67

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases