• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spoilers Doctor Who 2024 (spoilers)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I can see that. Personally, I liked it. It really reminded me of the first Weeping Angels ep - another Doctorless episode. They do one every season. In the end, I kinda like that they didn't actually explain stuff. It just happens. And the story was great.

Solid A from me for this one and the last episode. The first three? I can see why people might be a bit... dicey on them. Sure. I get that. But, these last two eps have been rock solid.

Yes, I liked it and was fully engaged it the hook and the emotional journey, Millie Gibson managed to carry the story well.
I suppose its a slight disappointment that we didnt get a proper folk horror story with Mad Jack or Ap Gwilliam and the many unanswered questions - I suppose we'll just need to ask her.

well that was a freaky episode, seems like a call back to Turn left. Also if Kate's comments are anything to go by seem that the supernatural is now in an uptake, since UNIT also carries salt and sliver among the anti-alien tech they already use.

well that was a freaky episode, seems like a call back to Turn left. Also if Kate's comments are anything to go by seem that the supernatural is now in an uptake, since UNIT also carries salt and sliver among the anti-alien tech they already use.
The already had silver (mentioned in Battlefield).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They’ve been making it clear that the supernatural is a big theme since the specials last year. RTD doesn’t stop talking about it. He wants to make Buffy In Space!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Another appearance by Susan Twist. I figure she’ll be in every episode. And as they told us in ep 2, ‘there’s always a Twist at the end’.

Necropolitan

Adventurer
UNIT bound the Toymaker's box in salt, so it might have been happening before The Giggle Too.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The already had silver (mentioned in Battlefield).
they also had salt - indeed the Toymakers box is bound in salt.
and considering that the Doctor has regularly fought vampires, werewolves, gods and demons having a bit of salt and silver on hand seems like good policy

Salt is also used when the Doctor and Donna encounter the Not-things at the edge of the universe (the encounter that directly links to the Toymaker crossing over)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
they also had salt - indeed the Toymakers box is bound in salt.
and considering that the Doctor has regularly fought vampires, werewolves, gods and demons having a bit of salt and silver on hand seems like good policy
Until now those were all aliens with scientific explanations. The show now includes actual magic.

I loved 73 Yards. It went pretty deep into metaphorical storytelling that I know some bits of the fandom will hate, but I adore and it worked wonderfully.

Next week looks... oh dear. I will try to keep an open mind.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads