DOCTOR WHO: "Deep Breath" (SPOILERS)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't blame him - I'm sure it's to his personal taste, and he probably never expected it to be more than just a fan-work. It's Moffatt and the production team who thought it was a good idea to put it on TV.

They're right. It's excellent.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Re. Missy -- I think she's the Master. After all that "is it time for a female Doctor?" discussion last year, changing the Master's gender would be a bit of an acknowledgement of that.

Warunsun

First Post
Liked the new doctor but was generally unimpressed with the episode. Probably holding expectations too high on my part. Looking forward to more however.

Crothian

First Post
Is the title some meta reference for the fans to calm down with the new doctor? I know it kind of fits since they held their breathe to fool the clockwork creations but I wonder if there is not some double meaning there. The episode did seem to lecture the fans that this change is an okay one.

Dunno why that website thinks that, but it got only 6.8 million. Fairly low. Much less than Smith's opening episode.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5707035

I'm guessing that huffington's article was dealing with the UK numbers only since it says
viewing figures in the UK were down for Peter Capaldi's debut in 'Doctor Who'.

and

However, these figures do not take into account the other fans heading to cinemas across the globe to watch their favourite show on the big screen.

As for GFR, they cited BBC America,which i'm guessing means here in the US it broke those records.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I am not sure about the UK, but in the US there's also gong to be statistics for how many people recorded on a DVR, and there'll be the 3-day total viewing to consider - GFR may have been including those estimates.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, in the UK those will be the overnights. A week later you get the time shifted and iPlayer figures added, which tends to be a 1-2 million boost.

Cinema stuff is cool, but it's pretty small fry, viewer-wise.

Remove ads