D&D 5E Doctors & Daleks - Cubicle 7 Brings Doctor Who to D&D 5E

Cubicle 7 -- makers of the official Doctor Who roleplaying game -- has announced that the Doctor will officially be coming to 5E soon under the name Doctors and Daleks. There are no dates or details yet, over than that the Doctors and Daleks Player's Guide will launch 'soon'. A NEW COMPANION FOR YOUR ADVENTURES THROUGH ALL OF SPACE AND TIME! The wild adventures of everyone’s favourite...
Cubicle 7 -- makers of the official Doctor Who roleplaying game -- has announced that the Doctor will officially be coming to 5E soon under the name Doctors and Daleks. There are no dates or details yet, over than that the Doctors and Daleks Player's Guide will launch 'soon'.

dnd.jpg

A NEW COMPANION FOR YOUR ADVENTURES THROUGH ALL OF SPACE AND TIME!

The wild adventures of everyone’s favourite Time Lord comes to the world’s most popular roleplaying game in Doctors and Daleks. Take your gaming group into the TARDIS and travel anywhere, anywhen. Want to meet Leornado da Vinci? Or see what life is like in the year 3,000? What about another planet entirely? All of space and time is your Venusian macro-oyster, but keep your wits about you — there’s a lot of danger in the vastness of eternity.

We are delighted to announce that we are working on Doctors and Daleks – a new line of products that brings Doctor Who adventures to your table using 5th Edition rules! The first release – The Doctors and Daleks Player’s Guide will launch soon.

The wild adventures of everyone’s favourite Time Lord comes to the world’s most popular roleplaying game in Doctors and Daleks. Take your gaming group into the TARDIS and travel anywhere, anywhen.

We’ll also continue to support the new Second Edition of our award winning Doctor Who: The Roleplaying Game, with a host of new products on the way soon!

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
It strikes me as odd that the idea here is that anybody expressing skepticism or reservations about what motivated this project must hate the people making this game and holds personal animus.

That's wild.

Let's make it real clear.

Macro: Urgh.

Micro: I wish the team success and want them to make money to send their kids to good schools and become the doctor-lawyer-astronauts they always dreamt of being.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Every single product made off a licensed property is a cash grab, trying to take advantage of the original property. Some just do it better than others and trick people into thinking it is not "just for the money".
I don't think this is true at all. Many licensed RPGs are made by people who love the property and want to do more with it. They're the gaming equivalent of fan fiction in many ways - the fact that they can get approval from the license owners means they can make money off of it and make a sustainable game out of it, but that doesn't meant they don't love the property.

Some licensed RPGs are cash grabs - and they tend to be obvious ones. Look at the licensed games that West End Games produced under the Masterbook game line in the 90s to see what actual soulless cashgrab licenses look like. Cubicle 7's Doctor Who and One Ring licenses are nothing like those (nor are some other recent licensed games from other companies I could name - like the Alien game from Free League).

Dr Who, I mean the franchise, not Cubicle 7 or other publishers, may need the D&D players because the last seasons aren't so popular like the first years of the revival.

We have to rebember the "casual" players, who don't want to learn new systems, because they are too busy with ther daily life, and too tired of a hard week of work or studying. And any time everybody uses d20 because players can't agree about what other system to use.

* It is not only a hook for d20 players to introduce the other TTRPG, but also for the roleplayers to know the original action-live show.

* Publishers not only want to make a lot of money to can buy a new car, but because a lot of bills and taxes have to be paid.

JohnF

Adventurer
I'll hold C7 to continue making Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space play and feel like a Dr. Who TV episode, which it really does.

I'd love for C7 to make Doctors and Daleks play and feel like a D&D session but with Dr. Who aliens and sci-fi adventure hooks.

Remove ads

Remove ads