• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dollhouse #9:Spy in the House of Love/Season 1/2009

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Spy in the House of Love
When a traitor is discovered inside the Dollhouse Echo and Sierra are programmed to root out the spy. Meanwhile, Paul receives surprising news from Mellie.

mrtauntaun

First Post
This episode is my favorite so far. I could take or leave some of the other ones, but this one had me at the edge of my seat all night. Great tv. Before this ep, if the show got cancelled, I would have been ok with it; moved on. Now, I really need to know what's going on!

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I agree, solid all around, with some genuine suprises -- Adele's off-hours pre-occupation, the nature of the mole, Mellie's return to Ballard. Wow. It was a lot to pack into one episode.

I also have to admit, I'm impressed that the show could actually make me have sympathy of Adele. I also don't think we've gotten to the bottom of the mole problem. Presumably they'll still have the capacity to influence the dolls somehow.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I agree, solid all around, with some genuine suprises -- Adele's off-hours pre-occupation, the nature of the mole, Mellie's return to Ballard. Wow. It was a lot to pack into one episode.

Indeed. A very tight episode.

I also don't think we've gotten to the bottom of the mole problem. Presumably they'll still have the capacity to influence the dolls somehow.

I actually believe that there is some other mole in the house. I think that the person who sent the two messages to Ballard isn't Dominic.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Indeed. A very tight episode.

I actually believe that there is some other mole in the house. I think that the person who sent the two messages to Ballard isn't Dominic.

I wonder if Alpha has been piggybacking off Dominic's NSA tech. Didn't Mellie/November tell Ballard that this would be the last transmission to him through the Dolls? I always assumed that Alpha sent the messages through Echo and November.

BTW, bets on whether or not Ballard becomes Echo's handler in the season finale?

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
My question is this: When Adele so very clearly hates her job, and hates herself for doing it, why doesn't she quit? Or is the dollhouse the kind of place you *CAN'T* quit?

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Another thought: Shouldn't I have felt more sympathy for Mr. Dominic, now that I know he's one of the "good" guys? How has this show manipulated me into sympathizing with monsters and rooting against the ones trying to stop them?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Another thought: Shouldn't I have felt more sympathy for Mr. Dominic, now that I know he's one of the "good" guys? How has this show manipulated me into sympathizing with monsters and rooting against the ones trying to stop them?

I don't think that Dominic is a good guy at all... he's part of the conspiracy, only he's a puppet for a different master.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I wonder if Alpha has been piggybacking off Dominic's NSA tech. Didn't Mellie/November tell Ballard that this would be the last transmission to him through the Dolls? I always assumed that Alpha sent the messages through Echo and November.

Seems like a good guess.

BTW, bets on whether or not Ballard becomes Echo's handler in the season finale?

That would be quite surprising for me. Why should Ballard switch sides?

Ballard is in an uncomfortable situation now, to say the least. The woman he fell in love with and the woman he apparantly has a crush on are both dolls! And both have been used to send him messages!

Was Dominic really manipulating the doll programming, or did he have an accomplice?
And if he was, that basically means he has on one side worked with the NSA to contain the Dollhouse, and on the other hand he is manipulating/helping Ballard to dig deeper?

Adeles story is also interesting. And it seems she is another girl that can handle herself, with her fencing stuff. (Neat trick to create a action scene when there actually isn't any threat going on in the scene...)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads