D&D 5E Dorian Grey's Pg

mattiadalzotto

Villager
Hi! How would you build a character like dorian gray? How would you imagine race, class (or mutilasse), score distribution, talents and how would you develop it starting from level 1? I ask you if you could imprint him on intelligence, charisma and constitution (main characteristics of Dorian).

Thanks!

Ps: any manual, even homebrew

Hi! How would you build a character like dorian gray? How would you imagine race, class (or mutilasse), score distribution, talents and how would you develop it starting from level 1? I ask you if you could imprint him on intelligence, charisma and constitution (main characteristics of Dorian).

Thanks!

Ps: any manual, even homebrew

Human is the most obvious answer, but a SCAG Tiefling that looks human, mostly could give Dorian an extra edge of darkness, like the loss of his humanity in favor of an unnatural taint was a price of immortality.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I'd go with an elf myself, for the whole ''uncanny grace and does not age'' thing.
Fiend Warlock with an Artist background.

Or Human Glamour Bard with Artifice Initiate at level 1 and pick painter supplies as your spell focus? Then Eldritch Adept at level 4 for Devil's Sight. Create a Fiend Vassal background.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
I'd go with a Glamour Bard/Fiend Warlock multiclass, give him a nightclub called Paradise, and call him Swan.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Both Pathfinder and D&D 3e Heroes of Horror sourcebooks have the magical Portrait of Dorian Gray (under a pseudonym). Which may help inspire creativity, maybe even provide design ideas.

Remove ads