Dragon Roots Magazine DIDN'T sell the 4e Killed Gary shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsemlak

First Post
It sounds as if its possible that these shirts were made by four friends who showed up wearing them, and they weren't for sale anywhere.

If that's what happened then obviously it was in poor taste but perhaps its best to to get too worked up about it. All this speculation on who was selling these shirts or whatever has already led to one false rumor on the matter.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
It sounds as if its possible that these shirts were made by four friends who showed up wearing them, and they weren't for sale anywhere.

If that's what happened then obviously it was in poor taste but perhaps its best to to get too worked up about it. All this speculation on who was selling these shirts or whatever has already led to one false rumor on the matter.

No, I actually did see them for sale somewhere. I don't recall where though, so I keep quite onthat front.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Just a note to the OP, when I first read this thread I thought "oh hmm, I already know who sold those shirts, I read about it a while back ..."

Only later did I click the link (principally out of boredom) to see what it was about. Maybe change the title to Dragon Roots did not sell the shirts at GencCon, rather than the more generic we. Makes it easier to know what's going on for us lazy types. ;)

For the lazy people then, i changed it;)

Silver Moon

Adventurer
No, I actually did see them for sale somewhere. I don't recall where though, so I keep quite onthat front.
Not surprised, I recall back when EGG passed seeing one or two posts to that effect right here on ENWorld, which were just ignored at the time rather than inciting a flame war. It doesn't surprise me that somebody took it to the next level.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Not surprised, I recall back when EGG passed seeing one or two posts to that effect right here on ENWorld, which were just ignored at the time rather than inciting a flame war. It doesn't surprise me that somebody took it to the next level.

It reminds me of the, "I hate Gary," bloggers when he passed away. People went nuts on them too. At least those people you knew who they were.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Has anyone considered the possibility that *no one* at Gen Con sold this shirt? It sounds more likely to me that these individuals showed up to the convention wearing the shirt, and probably had them custom made in their home town.

sjmiller

Explorer
Has anyone considered the possibility that *no one* at Gen Con sold this shirt? It sounds more likely to me that these individuals showed up to the convention wearing the shirt, and probably had them custom made in their home town.
This is what I assumed when I saw them at my booth. That many people wearing the same shirt made me think they came with them. Considering they were all pretty large guys, I didn't figure anyone had that many XXXL or larger shirts available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads