Dragon Roots Magazine DIDN'T sell the 4e Killed Gary shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsclaw227

First Post
What age group were they guys that were wearing them?

I mean, if it were some younger guys, teens or something, I could see them not having a clue about how classless and tacky it is. Not that I agree or condone such behavior, in this case it could be chalked up to immaturity and I can just wave it off.

(EDIT: I want to say that not all teens or young guys are immature, classless or tacky. I just wanted to note that some younger men have a tendency to do things without a thought about who it affects.)

But if they were regular adults, with families and friends and jobs, it never crossed their minds that making them is just plain wrong? And that WEARING THEM TO GENCON is exponentially worse?

Didn't someone they know give them the hint that it was in serious bad taste???

Last edited:

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Has anyone considered the possibility that *no one* at Gen Con sold this shirt? It sounds more likely to me that these individuals showed up to the convention wearing the shirt, and probably had them custom made in their home town.

No, I know I saw them sold at a booth, my eye caught them as I was rushing past to get from one side of the four mile trek across the con floor to the other, but I can't recall where so I don't want to say to place blame on another.

I also tried to do a shirt exchange with another shirt company near us and they asked if we where one of the companies that sold that t-shirt. They had been around the floor and wanted to buy one of them but the booth that sold them said they didn't have anymore XL or bigger sizes.

Ranger REG

Explorer
This is what I assumed when I saw them at my booth. That many people wearing the same shirt made me think they came with them. Considering they were all pretty large guys, I didn't figure anyone had that many XXXL or larger shirts available.
Disgusting t-shirts aside, why aren't [more] sellers providing big-n-tall clothes? I find it discriminating they only cater to skinny gamers at conventions.

Particle_Man

Explorer
With respect to the "4e killed Gary" t-shirts, is this a possible origin point?

http://dominicdeegan123.actifforum.com/chit-chat-f6/the-saddest-day-of-my-life-t1495-15.htm

Reitrenner's exact wording, half-way down the page, and his more and more emotional responses on pages 2, 3 and 4, seem to indicate a possible suspect, or at least a "person of interest" as my country's police force might say. And the comments are well before Gen Con, giving time to make the shirts in question.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Disgusting t-shirts aside, why aren't [more] sellers providing big-n-tall clothes? I find it discriminating they only cater to skinny gamers at conventions.

We skillful determined the sizing of our target base and got shirts ranging from small through 5XL. Um, we sold out of 4XL and 5XL and are still sitting on a lot of smalls. If only I could have gottent hose girls scouts to visit our booth;)

Anyway, we still have 3XLs which are very roomy if I do say so myself, and I do because I wore one all weekend long. If you are interested, check out our ordering info on our website, www.dragonroots.net.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
With respect to the "4e killed Gary" t-shirts, is this a possible origin point?

http://dominicdeegan123.actifforum.com/chit-chat-f6/the-saddest-day-of-my-life-t1495-15.htm

Reitrenner's exact wording, half-way down the page, and his more and more emotional responses on pages 2, 3 and 4, seem to indicate a possible suspect, or at least a "person of interest" as my country's police force might say. And the comments are well before Gen Con, giving time to make the shirts in question.

I thnk you might be on to something there. I don't want to point fingers at him and say it was him, but I would wager that it inspired the idea of it in a t-shirt. Plus, his comment about, "go with 4e killed Gary and watch the drama," not only speaks to his immaturity but also sums up the feelings of the ENWorld reaction to the shirts. He was correct, the drama that stemmed from the comment was more than I'm sure even he expected.

Whoa, it nice to see trashy forums where you can swear so you can appreciate how nice it is not to see it on ENWorld:cool:

GMSkarka

Explorer
I find it sad that there are gamers (in this thread, and on a thread on the same topic at RPGNet) who try to argue that this is somehow acceptable or at the least not worse than usual....

These guys wore this shirt, and walked the slogan through an exhibit hall filled with Gary's friends and colleagues.

What part of that do you not get as being a horribly tasteless thing to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads