Dragon Wars (D-Wars) DVD - what was I thinking?

Tewligan said:
Uh, because it's much awesomer see the army fighting dragons in the middle of a city with innocent people all around than out in the middle of nowhere. Duh!
I thought it would have been cooler if they'd have fought in actual US army style of shoot and move, bring in some fighter jets, and force those solid ranks of bad guys to open up and actually skirmish....

Frukathka said:
I happened to enjoy the movie immensely!
I didn't enjoy it immensely, but thought it was okay, but not great. Oddly enough, the copy I bought was the absolute last copy that Walmart had on their shelves that day... every single other copy was sold! Not bad for a B movie....

kingpaul

First Post
I got it from Netflix, and gave it a 2 out of 5. I liked the battle in downtown LA, and appreciated the fact that Fate was maintained. However, I found the plot and dialogue rather weak. I didn't think the CGI was to bad though, especially considering it was, IIRC, that studio's first go.

Templetroll

Explorer
David Howery said:
I thought it would have been cooler if they'd have fought in actual US army style of shoot and move, bring in some fighter jets, and force those solid ranks of bad guys to open up and actually skirmish....

I'd attribute it to the filmmakers not knowing how the military actually behaves so they made up what would work well with their dragons. They likely didn't think it mattered.

I worked with a game company that needed a piece of art for a game in development based on Operation Market-Garden. It was a scene of a tank approaching a bridge with planes and paratroops overhead. When I looked at it I asked "what kind of tank is it that you used for the model?" since that was in the foreground. He said, "Oh, none in particular. I just used bits and did a picture of a 'tank'. That's not going to matter, will it?" I told him it would but it was too late to change. First comment most folks at the con made after looking at the image mentioned the 'tank' and how it was "wrong". Even though the art in the game was accurate I think it affected player response. The game never made it out of development.

Remove ads