Dragonlance Dragonlance "Reimagined".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faolyn

(she/her)
I thought the whole point of the way draconians are made is how eeeeevil it is to kill the baby dragon to get footsoldiers.

If they can use non-viable eggs, it sort of takes the edgelord off.
I more imagined they would use non-viable chromatic eggs, and wouldn't care about the type of metallic egg they got.

Hussar

Legend
So the bozak's bones don't explode when they die and the kapak don't become a puddle of formation-decimating acid? Or was that not from the modules cherry-picked to argue? And in-universe is an arrow through the eye not fatal because of game statistics?

And the sivak are, again, better suited to non-battlefied applications. Go in, assault the king, scream for help, become the king when you die, collapse the kingdom.
Bozak's cause 1d6 damage in a 5 foot radius when they die. Not exactly going to cause a chain reaction in a troop that is the same size as an ogre.

Again, are you actually arguing from what's in the books or what you have gleaned from outside source?

Hussar

Legend
And PCs had less HP as well and there wasnt a million ways to heal or be brought back from death.

Last weekend in my 2E game a party of 5 players averaging level 3 got wrecked by a 6HD (30HP) Green Hatchling. Breath Weapon dropped the Cleric/Wiz immediately. Then claw/claw/bite dropped the Ranger and Fighter in 2 rounds. Had it been an older dragon with magic spells. Not to mention not trapped underground and able to fly.... Man...
Again, can we stick to ONE edition. Dragonlance was a 1e setting, so, the mechanics were based on 1e. A hatchling green dragon would have 7 HP in AD&D.

That's why when converting to 2e, Dragonlance dragons age at 1/10th the rate (or something like that). Khisanth goes from an Ancient dragon to like an Adult.

The point being that getting 10 or 20 4 HD Bozak draconians is very much WORTH more than 1 hatchling dragon.

Hussar

Legend
I actually like the idea of the cursed creation. Makes draconians horrific, and also tragic. Also makes them largely demons, so, well, no worries about making them all evil (or almost all evil).

I wonder if you couldn't just separate draconians from dragonborn. Would seem like a good idea to me. Dragonborn are just a sort of dragon blooded humanoid while draconians are horrific magical creations.

Stormonu

Legend
I actually like the idea of the cursed creation. Makes draconians horrific, and also tragic. Also makes them largely demons, so, well, no worries about making them all evil (or almost all evil).

I wonder if you couldn't just separate draconians from dragonborn. Would seem like a good idea to me. Dragonborn are just a sort of dragon blooded humanoid while draconians are horrific magical creations.
As much as I like dragonborn, they're actually more lizardfolk with halitosis. The lack of wings like draconians makes them very un-dragon-like for me.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Again, can we stick to ONE edition. Dragonlance was a 1e setting, so, the mechanics were based on 1e. A hatchling green dragon would have 7 HP in AD&D.

That's why when converting to 2e, Dragonlance dragons age at 1/10th the rate (or something like that). Khisanth goes from an Ancient dragon to like an Adult.

The point being that getting 10 or 20 4 HD Bozak draconians is very much WORTH more than 1 hatchling dragon.

Well it's well known (more or less) that Dragons in 1E were kind of weak and 2E made them more of a challenge.

Reminds me when I ran the original DL adventure and at the end when they fight the Dragon... In the book, they use the Crystal Staff to help take out the Dragon (cause it's so awesome) etc and in the game the Staff is supposed to be used for a similar purpose by the players (playing the Heroes of the Lance) just beat the dragon to death. As a fan of the books, that greatly annoyed me.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Makes more sense than Good Any Mages of High Sorcery, considering they run a charnel house and call it a test, then murder anyone who doesn't want to step into the suicide booth.
please elaborate?
That's one of the things I like about dragonlance, good and evil must be balanced so trying to make draconian with evil dragon eggs makes draconian leaning towards good instead.
look the problem with the balance between good and evil is people have it 50/50 which would just be constant war, like imagine an ocean half salt everything would drop dead so why would a universe 50% evil be in any way desirable even to the evil things?

Vaalingrade

Legend
I honestly don't know what you're asking because I don't think I or the subject matter involve 50/50. They're just 100% monsters for all the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads